The Honors College and Early Entrance Program (EEP) at California State University, Los Angeles, are pleased to announce an exciting new initiative. The EEP Honors Learning Lab will be a cutting-edge space, designed to enhance existing learning experiences and provide additional innovative resources.
The construction of the learning lab will almost double the space utilized by the EEP and will include:
- Interdisciplinary classes
- EEP “homeroom” meetings where freshmen will learn to navigate the challenges of being a gifted teenager
- EEP and Honors peer mentoring activities and meetings
- Leadership workshops
- Cutting edge technology – whiteboards and document readers
- "Idea paint" walls students can write on
- Seating and tables designed for interactive learning
See a video about an active learning space at the University of Minnesota – one of the inspirations for the future EEP Honors Learning Lab: http://vimeo.com/41007436
Your contribution to the EEP Honors Learning Lab will help us continue to provide the opportunity for highly gifted students to develop and flourish in a challenging and focused scholastic environment.
The current suite of rooms – comprised of a kitchen, study room, computer room and multiple social areas – are available for the exclusive use of the students. As the space grows, we will be able to offer even more to the students to enhance this unique and extremely valuable academic experience.