Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) Forms Step-by-Step Guide
Disclaimer: This is meant solely as a guide and is not meant to replace campus policy or standard procedures set by the campus. If there is any discrepency in what is stated in this guide versus what is stated by campus policy, campus policy must be followed.
Step 1: Fill in the following sections only (note: we will come back to section 3 Accessibility Evaluation later):
- Section 1 - Requestor Information
- Section 2 - Product or Service Description and Function: note that if you are not the person who will be using the hardware/software product please check with the person who will be using it to answer this section
- Section 4 - IT Information: If the product is software, fill out software section 4A. only. If product is hardware or hardware maintenance fill out hardware section 4A. AND section 4B. Product or Service Information Security. If product is Cloud and Hosted Services, fill out Cloud and Hosted Services section 4A. AND section 4B. Product or Service Information Security. Note: when answering question 4B. you must check with the person who will actually be using the hardware or cloud and hosted service to have them answer those questions and then you can mark their responses on the form.
Step 2: You will need to check if there is a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) document available for the product you are trying to order. Follow the steps below in the order given to find out if there is a VPAT document available for the product
- Check the CSULA VPAT repository to see if there is an existing VPAT document for the product by clicking here: http://www.calstatela.edu/accessibility/ati/eit-procurement-vpat-repository
- Search on google.com to see if you can find a VPAT document for the product. For example if you need a VPAT document for AutoCAD 2016 software, you would go to google.com and search for "Autocad 2016 VPAT", one of the search results may provide you with a link to the VPAT document you need
- Email or call the vendor on the product quote to see if they have a VPAT document available for the product
- Email or call the manufacturer of the product to see if they have a VPAT document available for the product
If you were able to obtain a VPAT document for the product CLICK HERE
If you were NOT able to obtain a VPAT after following the steps above then CLICK HERE