Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate in Downtown LA
Who Should Enroll?
Individuals who are interested in jump-starting their careers in the healthcare industry by gaining an industry-recognized certification should enroll in the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate Program.
The Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate Program will teach students to:
- Identify main functional areas in key tasks in the revenue cycle.
- Differentiate between compliant and non-compliant HIPAA practices.
- Analyze whether a person is/is not eligible for Medi-Cal based on specific factors.
- Identify the benefits and best practices for preventing financial variance in the revenue cycle.
- Identify best practices for successful communication and service.
- Differentiate between demographic, financial, and clinical data elements (CDEs).
- Identify and interpret codes in various fields on the UB-04 form.
- Name methods for managing and preventing variance.
- Identify key denial management practices and steps for following up on common denials.
- Interpret an EOB (Explanation of Benefits) statement.
- Identify key insurance card elements.
- Differentiate among various types of insurance coverage.
- Identify typical appeal timelines and the most common issues causing underpayments.
- List best practices for preventing COB (Coordination of Benefits) denials.
- Differentiate among CMS prospective payment systems.
- Demonstrate the procedures needed to deal effectively with a claim denial.
Register to view/listen to a live OR prerecorded Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration program webinar.
The cost of the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate Program is $3,495.
This program is presented in partnership with a third-party provider and is not affiliated with a campus academic department. Courses offered by third-party providers are not degree-eligible.
Federal financial aid is not currently available for the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate Program. However, individuals can apply for a private student loan.
Job Training Assistance
Cal State LA and the local Workforce Investment Board (WIB) are working together to ensure that our state has a well-trained and sustainable workforce. If you have been laid off due to poor economic conditions, company closure, or mass layoff, you may be eligible to receive free career development training.
To find out if you qualify for paid training, contact your local American Job Center (formerly One-Stop Center) to have them determine your eligibility to receive free training. Be sure to mention that you want to take classes through the College of Professional and Global Education at Cal State LA. Visit CareerOneStop to find your nearest American Job Center or call 1-877-US2-JOBS (1-877-872-5627) for more information. Important: You must contact your local American Job Center for application and approval first. Free enrollment in our WIB-approved programs is not available without prior written approval.
The schedule for the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate Program is coming soon.
Registration information for the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate Program is coming soon.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion upon successful completion of the program.
If you encounter technical difficulties enrolling in this program, please email the College of Professional and Global Education, Student Services for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read Frequently Asked Questions about the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate program.
Join our Interest List
Join our interest list to learn more about the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate Program.
For more information about the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Administration Certificate Program, please contact the College of Professional and Global Education via email or call (323) 343-4915.