Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
Glass Shop Work Requests
Download a Glass Shop Work Request here (PDF).
When filling out the form, the following tips may help you:
- Not everyone is an artist, but do not assume that incomplete information will be understood. That is, if you need inner or outer joints, please specify which you want.
- If you do not know what size joint or stopcock you need, or you do not know how to measure joints or stopcocks, please ask. The glassblower will be happy to explain how to identify what you want.
- Tubing and rod are all created in metric, not English measurements.
- If your job has anything that fits into your glassware, or your item will fit into something, please let the glassblower know at the onset. If you can bring the item with you to the glass shop, please do.
- If there is any question as to the size of rubber/flexable tubing attach to your item, please bring the tubing (or a piece of the tubing) with you.
- Please leave contact numbers on the work request form. This is used to let you know the work is done and may be necessary if there are any further questions on your item.
- Because of the ambiguity of the term "ASAP," do not use it.