WHAT ARE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR COMMENCEMENT?
Due to updated guidelines for large outdoor events by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Cal State LA has updated its Covid-19 protocols*. By confirming your participation and reserving guest tickets, you agree and attest that you have reviewed and will abide by the following health and safety requirements:
- Conduct a self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to campus.
- You will not enter Cal State LA's campus and/or facilities if you have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days, have had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days, have been directed by a health care provider or public health officer to isolate or quarantine, or experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- You understand the risk of attending a large crowded event where the vaccine status of others in attendance may be unknown.
- All attendees should wear an appropriate face covering that fully covers the mouth and nose at all times on Cal State LA premises, except while consuming food or a beverage. Graduates may remove their masks when taking Commencement photos on stage.
- You agree to notify Cal State LA immediately if you test positive for COVID-19 in the 48 hours after attending the event by calling the Cal State LA Student Health Center at (323) 343-3300.
* These protocols will be adjusted as needed based on updated state and county regulations.
HOW DO I GET A COPY OF THE PHOTO TAKEN ON STAGE AT COMMENCEMENT?
Graduates of the Class of 2021 and the Class of 2020 will be able to order the photo taken on stage during Commencement by visiting the GradImages website. GradImages is the official Commencement photographer for the Cal State LA Commencement ceremonies.
WHERE DO I PURCHASE COMMENCEMENT RELATED MERCHANDISE?
The University Bookstore has Commencement related merchandise available for purchase in-store Monday - Friday from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Please follow the bookstore’s Instagram page @calstatelabookstore for updates and store hours.
HOW WILL I GET MY DIPLOMA?
Diplomas will still be sent by mail after official certification that the graduate have successfully completed all degree requirements. It will take up to four weeks for the Graduation Office to review all applicants individually.
After the degree is awarded, the graduate can track the progress of their diploma online.
This site is maintained by University Events and Protocol.
Updated: July 30, 2021