Graduate registration and guest ticket reservation starts on Monday, June 21, at 9 a.m. (PT) until Friday, July 9, at 11:59 p.m. (PT).
Graduates must confirm their participation and reserve their guest tickets before the ticketing portal closes on July 9, at 11:59 p.m. (PT). The ticketing system will automatically close at this time, so transactions must be completed in a timely manner. After the deadline, graduates will no longer be able to participate and reserve guest tickets.
Each graduate will be pre-assigned to their respective ceremony based on their class year, college, department, and major. After ticketing has closed on July 9, registered graduates will receive their Grad Pass via email. The Grad Pass must be presented by the graduate at the designated entrance to gain entry, and at graduate check-in to receive their pre-printed name card (the name card will be used by the name reader and photographer).
It is the graduate’s responsibility to register and reserve/distribute tickets to their guests in a timely manner. Due to capacity and safety protocols, each guest, including children, will be required to possess a ticket in order to gain entry to Reeder Field. Each guest ticket will list the names of all the graduate's guests but will have a unique barcode and sequence number. Once the barcode has been scanned, any copies of the same ticket will not be valid and will not allow entry into the venue. Each ticket is specific to a ceremony and is non-transferable.
Please note that Commencement tickets are FREE and are not for sale. Tickets that are sold or bought are not authorized by the University and will be invalidated.
Each graduate will be allotted two (2) tickets during the online registration/ticketing period. After the deadline on Friday, July 9, at 11:59 p.m. (PT), graduates will no longer be able to participate and reserve guest tickets.
On June 21 at 9 a.m. (PT), the link to register to participate in Commencement and reserve guest tickets will be emailed to your preferred email address. Please make sure to check your spam folder if you do not see the email in your inbox. After the ticketing deadline on Friday, July 9, at 11:59 p.m. (PT), graduates will no longer be able to participate and reserve guest tickets. It is the graduate’s responsibility to register to participate and reserve tickets in a timely manner.
To update your preferred email address to receive ticketing information, please complete the Commencement Email Address form below by Monday, June 14, at 5 p.m. (PT).
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
By confirming your participation and reserving guest tickets, you agree and attest that you have reviewed and will abide by Cal State LA’s COVID-19 health and safety protocols*.
- I will not enter Cal State LA's campus and/or facilities if I have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 10 days, have had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days, have been directed by a health care provider or public health officer to isolate or quarantine, or am experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- I understand the risk of attending a large crowded event where the vaccine status of others in attendance may be unknown.
- If I am not vaccinated, I will wear an appropriate face covering that fully covers the mouth and nose at all times on Cal State LA premises, except while consuming food or a beverage.
- I agree to notify Cal State LA immediately if I test positive for COVID-19 in the 48 hours after attending the event by calling the Cal State LA Student Health Center at (323) 343-3300
* These protocols will be adjusted as needed based on updated state and county regulations.
From July 21-23, 26-29, each ceremony will be livestreamed online. Guests who are unable to attend but still want to view the festivities can visit the Cal State LA webpage and watch the ceremonies from their computer, laptop, or mobile device.
All information, including Commencement related activities,
are subject to change based on updated state and county regulations.
Please visit the website regularly for the most up-to-date information.
This site is maintained by University Events and Protocol.
Updated: June 21, 2021