NOTICE: Beginning Summer 2019, all courses will be offered exclusively on Canvas. Only Moodle archives will be available after Spring 2019.
Beginning with May intercession and Summer Session, Cal State LA will be upgrading to Moodle version 3.4.
To access the new Moodle 3.4 version:
- Log into the MyCalStateLA Portal at http://my.calstatela.edu.
- From the Quicklaunch Menu, click the orange Moodle 3.4 icon.
- You should then be launched into the new Moodle 2018-2019 environment.
To access older Moodle versions:
When logged into Moodle, you will find the links to previous Moodle versions under the Previous Moodle versions block located on the upper right hand-side.
To copy content from a previous version of Moodle:
- Use Simple Restore to copy content from a previous version to Moodle 3.4
Use the new Backup and Simple Restore process for Moodle 3.4 if the course that you need to copy content from is not available in the Simple Restore.
Note: Moodle courses from winter 2016 to spring 2018 have been restored to Canvas. They can be access in Canvas through the All Courses link after clicking on the Courses global navigation icon. These courses have [RESTORE] as part of the course title and are located under the Past Enrollments section.
New features in Moodle 3.4:
- Easier activity navigation
- Better calendar management
- Helpful file type selector
- Mark activities as compete
- More efficient user management
Visit Moodle.org to see a complete list of new features within Moodle 3.4: https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/New_features. A Moodle 3.4 Overview video is also available for quick reference to new features. We continue to recommend Mozilla Firefox browser or Google Chrome browser for a positive experience when using these features.
Moodle activity navigation makes it easier to move from one course activity to another.
Events can be easily created, updated, and deleted. Event can be dragged and dropped to a different day.
Enroll, search, filter, and bulk update users from a single screen.