A choice activity is very simple - the instructor asks a question and specifies a choice of multiple responses. It can be useful as a quick poll to stimulate thinking about a topic; to allow the class to vote on a direction for the course; or to gather research consent.
Some Ways to Use Choice:
- Thinking about existing knowledge
- Assessing understanding
- Selecting groups
- Gather pre-event comments
- Bus & roommate, menu choices
- Memo tracking
- Feedback from students about course or activity
- Polling tool
- Sign up for an activity
Follow the instructions below to create a Choice activity:
- Log in to your course.
- Click Turn editing on.
- Click Add an activity or resource in the section of your choice.
- In the Add an activity or resource dialog window, click the radio button next to Choice.
- Click Add at the bottom of the window.
- Provide a Name and Description.
- Scroll down the page and choose the parameters for the activity, including desired choices to be available.
- Click Save and return to course when you are finished.