NOTICE: Beginning Summer 2019, all courses will be offered exclusively on Canvas. Only Moodle archives will be available after Spring 2019.
This activity allows for real-time interactions using text based communication. Students, as well as instructors, can interact online during set times. This works well as a substitute for when people cannot meet face-to-face. Chats can be for group collaboration on projects, Q & A sessions, and online office hours.
Follow the instructions below to create a Chat Room:
- Log in to your course.
- Click Turn editing on.
- Click Add an activity or resource.
- Select Chat.
- Click Add.
You will then be taken to the set up page for your Chat Room.
- Enter in a Name for your Chat Room.
- Enter in a Description.
- Set a Chat Time.
- Choose a Repeat option.
- Don’t publish any chats – chats are allowed anytime.
- No repeats – only the specified chat time will be published.
- At the same time every day.
- At the same time every week.
- Select saved period for past sessions.
- Choose whether or not to allow access to past sessions.
- Click Save.