"Mariachi Quijote" at The State Playhouse (SPAN 459, Spring 2009)

Spanish Program offers Masters of Arts, Bachelor of Arts, and Minor in Spanish.

M.A. students graduating after the conversion to semesters will receive a degree of Master of Arts in Spanish.  The diploma will not state any further specialization or emphasis.

In applying to the Graduate Program in Spanish, please remember that you must complete the university application procedures; domestic
/univ/admiss/gradreq.htm, international /univ/admiss/intl.htm.  This process is inclusive of appropriate documents such as official transcripts, and for International Students this also includes Financial Affidavit and/or TOEFL or IELTS scores.

Our department requires that you send an additional copy to us, but the university makes the initial evaluations regarding your acceptance to the university—so they need to have a complete file in order to make that determination.  The department is then given the opportunity to evaluate your application to an individual program.  Please remember: One copy to the required documents to the university, and another copy to the department as required.  Attention to this detail will quicken the university-based decision on your application, thereby allowing the department to proceed with its determination.

For information about the Spanish MA program, Spanish BA program, and Spanish Minor program, please go to the University Catalog and click "Spanish, M.A, "Spanish, B.A.," and "Spanish Minor."

University Catalog: A-Z Index of All Academic Degrees and Programs (2016-17 Semester catalog)

University Catalog: A-Z Index of All Academic Degrees and Programs (2015-16 Quarter catalog)


Calesa en el zócalo de Mérida, Yucatán

To learn more about Graduate Study and Graduate Teaching Associate (GTA), and to download the MA program application form, please click on the following links: