Welcome to M.A. Degree in Education Option in Mathematics Education
This program is not open for Spring 2019 admissions.
The M.A. in Education, Option in Mathematics Education is a program that prepares teachers for leadership roles to improve mathematics teaching and learning of students in schools. The high-quality courses translate theory and research into effective teaching practices for diverse learners in urban setting with particular emphases on the use of appropriate electronic technology and active learning for mathematics understanding.
As graduates of MA in Education, Option in Mathematics Education, one may find work as:
- Mathematics teachers at the K-12 level
- Mathematics specialists in public and private schools
- Developers of mathematics curriculum
- Lead teachers in mathematics
- Educators within informal non-academic environments such as museums, zoos, and aquaria
- Providers of professional development and in- service workshops in mathematics
- Authors of textbook
- Consultants for publishing companies
Masters of Arts Degree in Education Option in Mathematics Education