Academic Affairs

Academic Affairs, the largest unit in the University, provides instruction to matriculated students through its six colleges:

Students can choose from among 59 Undergraduate Programs leading to a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, or Bachelor of Music. Students who are completing or have already completed a bachelor's degree can apply for admission to one of 58 Graduate Programs leading to a Master of Arts, Master of Science, Master of Business Administration, Master of Fine Arts, Master of Music, Master of Social Work, or the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership. Students can also apply for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Special Education, which is a joint degree with the University of California, Los Angeles, or the Doctor of Nursing Practice, which is a joint degree with California State University, Long Beach and California State University, Fullerton. K-14 teaching credential preparation programs are available through various departments and the Charter College of Education and certificate programs through several of the Colleges.

Matriculated and nonmatriculated students may enroll in credit or noncredit programs through the College of Professional and Global Education, and complete professional development courses or certificate programs. Nonmatriculated students may enroll in regularly offered University credit courses on a space available basis, through Open University.

The John F. Kennedy Memorial Library provides the primary bibliographic and information resource for the curriculum of the University. The John F. Kennedy Memorial Library provides ready access to its million volume plus collection and extensive online knowledge resources which support the curriculum of the University.

Also located within Academic Affairs are over 20 presidentially chartered centers, institutes and bureaus supporting the mission of the University.