Tutoring Services for Writing
How To Use Our Services
The Writing Wing of the Center for Academic Success welcomes all Cal State LA students. You can come in with any type of writing assignment at any stage of the writing process. We can help you understand the assignment as well as plan, organize and revise your paper. We can even help you learn to proofread for your most common mistakes.
NEW FOR FALL 2019!
Beginning September 9, 2019, you will be able to schedule your own tutoring appointments online.
To schedule an appointment with a tutor, please follow these steps:
- Click the Student Success Collaborative link (gray box above) and login with your Cal State LA credentials.
- Indicate that you would like access to "Learning Assistance."
- Select the type of service you want to access as well as the location - our services are located in the Center for Academic Success.
- Select an appointment time that fits your schedule.
Important To Remember
- Appointments are 30 minutes, so come prepared to engage with your tutor straight away. Make sure to bring your essay, prompt and any related materials you want to work on.
- If you do not see availability for your course call the Center at (323) 343-5350, or stop by to see us, as we can work with you on alternative options to receive academic support - we are here to help you succeed.
- If you need accommodations for your session, please let us know.
- You may schedule up to three appointments per week.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call ahead so that we may open up your appointment for another student.
- If you are more than 5 minutes late, your appointment may be canceled and rescheduled for a more convenient time.
Proof Of Visit
You may ask the tutor to stamp your paper after your appointment. The tutor may only stamp a hardcopy of the paper you work on during your session. Neither tutors nor front-desk staff may stamp papers after the session is over. (If you are a part of EOP, please remember to bring your blue workshop slip so the tutor can stamp it.)