You must call (323) 343-3580 for an appointment.
Orientations are held Monday through Thursday at 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, or 4:00 pm. A reference sheet is required at time of orientation, available from Student Loan Services & Collections.
Remember your Perkins Loan or Nursing Loan will not be disbursed if you have not had an orientation for the current academic year.
ECSI, Education Computer Systems, Inc.
ECSI is the university's billing service for the Federal Perkins and Nursing Student Loan Programs. You may wish to see the ECSI home page.
An exit Interview is a Federal Requirement when exiting the Perkins/Nursing Loan Program. Failure to complete this requirement will result in a hold on all University services, which includes transcripts and registration.
Contact Lupe Escareno at (323) 343 3595 for an exit interview appointment.
Types of Deferments
You may defer or delay the repayment of your loan for a defined period of time. The following types of deferments are available depending on when you received your Perkins Loan. Contact Student Loan Services and Collections regarding how the following types of deferments effect your specific loan dates.
- In School - at least 1/2 time student
- Graduate Fellowship
- Rehabilitation Training
- Residency in Dentistry
- Economic Hardship
- Military, Peace Corps or VISTA
- Volunteer Service
- Temporary Total Disability (Borrower, spouse, or dependent)
- Internship/Residency Program
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administrative Corps
- Parental Leave
- Working Mother
Types of Cancellations
You may cancel all or a portion of your loan over a period of time for the following services depending on when you received your Perkins Loan. Contact Student Loan Services and Collections regarding how the following types of cancellations effect your specific loan dates.
- Teacher in a qualified elementary or secondary school
- Special Education Teacher
- Headstart Staff member
- Peace Corps/VISTA volunteer
- Law Enforcement
- Nurses/ Medical Technician
- Work with High Risk Children
- Early Intervention Services
- Child and Family Services
Past Due Student Loan Account?
Do not wait to handle your account. Contact Student Loans Services and Collections Now. (323) 343-3580
- Past due status is reported to Credit Bureaus
- If a collection agency is involved, additional charges will be added to the balance owed. This could almost double the amount due.
- A hold will be placed on University services, including registration and obtaining a transcript.
Please contact the collector assigned to assist you:
If your last name begins with A through G, please contact Vacant (323) 343-5357.
If your last name begins with H through O, please contact Terry Hernandez (323) 343-3594.
If your last name begins with P through Z, please contact Anna Lovoy (323) 343-3554.
All Nursing Loans, please contact Anna Lovoy.
380 Main Street
Salem, NH 03079
Williams and Fudge Inc
This page may contain a file that requires Adobe Acrobat to view. If you need an Adobe viewer, you can Download Adobe Readerfor free.