CAL STATE L.A. PARKING SERVICES
VISITOR AND SPECIAL EVENT PARKING INFORMATION
The campus parking program is a self-supporting entity and receives no state general funds to operate, maintain and construct new parking facilities. All guests and visitors not transacting state business must pay to park on campus. For visitors not transacting state business, departments may purchase and reserve parking permits through the parking reservation process by providing a chargeback account number.
The following parking information should be helpful when inviting visitors and planning events at CSULA.
Typical guests who qualify for no-cost parking permits:
- Guest speaker in academic courses
- Major donors of the university sanctioned by the Office of the President or Institutional Advancement
- Interview candidates for state positions
- Campus advisory groups, officially sanctioned by the university
- Dignitaries or government officials visiting the campus in an official capacity
- Volunteer employees providing a service to the University who are not receiving any form of class credit or compensation
- Non-paid persons visiting the campus for the purpose of transacting official state business
Typical visitors required to pay to park*:
- All employees paid to work at CSULA
- Emeritus faculty and staff working for pay
- Attendees of all types of camps
- Attendees of instructional activities for credit or no credit
- Visitors of faculty and staff (not conducting state business as described above)
- Drop-in visitors
- Attendees of non-CSULA special events
*Note: Some visitors may be eligible for a parking fee waiver. For eligibility requirements, refer to the Parking Waiver Form or Contractor Waiver Form in Public Folders under Public Safety.
Campus departments may make advance parking reservations for visitors required to pay for parking. A chargeback account number must be provided at the time the reservation is made. The rate is $6.45 per day per vehicle, which includes an administrative processing fee. Hourly rates cannot be purchased through Parking Reservations.
Visitors also may pay to park on the day of the event by purchasing an hourly or daily parking permit from a permit machine located in designated campus parking lots and parking structures.
$1.00 for 1 hour, 15 min
$2.00 for 2 hours, 15 min
$3.00 for 4 hours, 30 min
$6.00 All Day
TO MAKE PARKING RESERVATIONS CALL EXT. 3-3704, SEND YOUR REQUEST BY EMAIL OR FAX YOUR REQUEST TO EXT. 3-6475.
SPECIAL EVENT PARKING INFORMATION:
A two-week period is necessary for processing parking arrangements for an event. Event Parking Request Form** must be submitted to Parking Services 14 calendar days prior to the date of the event.
The request form can be faxed to Michelle Hernandez, Parking & Events Coordinator, at ext. 3-3724. A hard copy also should be sent to Parking Services, Public Safety Building, Attention: Michelle Hernandez.
Off-peak parking times when the most parking is available at CSULA are Fridays, weekends, holidays when classes are not held, quarter breaks and summer quarter. To avoid potential parking issues, these times should be considered first when scheduling a large event.
Event sponsors are responsible for informing all participants of parking location and costs, if any.
**Note: The Event Parking Request Form is available in Public Folders under Public Safety.
What Services Are Available For Special Event Parking?
CSULA Parking Services provides parking lot staffing to cordon off parking spaces, set directional signage for your event, greet visitors and allow access to a parking lot with the appropriate parking permit. Parking Services also provides information booth staffing beyond normal hours to give directions and distribute parking permits.
Charges will be assessed for the above services and signage needed.
For assistance with special event parking please contact Michelle Hernandez, Parking & Events Coordinator, at ext. 3-3748.
CSULA PARKING SERVICES IS HERE TO HELP PROVIDE A WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR VISITORS.