Human Resources Management Mission Statement
Human Resources Management is committed to the University’s mission to provide an enriching atmosphere for academic excellence, support high-quality educational programs and maintain a diverse and highly qualified student, faculty and staff population. This will be accomplished by providing guidance and support to students, faculty and staff through effective Human Resources programs in recruitment and retention, benefits administration, compensation and classification, diversity and inclusion, faculty affairs, training and development employee/labor relations, workers' compensation and payroll services.
HRM Core Values
HRM endeavors to:
- Create a welcoming atmosphere that honors diversity, integrity, trust and confidentiality.
- Treat internal and external customers as our most important priority.
- Provide excellent customer-focused, solution-based service through accurate, timely and efficient responses to service request.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships and active partnerships with our internal and external customers.
- Promote diverse and equitable recruitment and compensation practices to achieve a balanced employee population.
- Support an environment that encourages advancement and retention of faculty and staff through training and development.
- Listen, understand and be sensitive to the needs of the campus community and use innovative approaches to problem solving.
- Maintain confidentiality of all personnel matters, transactions and records.
- Use HR policies, practices and procedures to provide guidance and counsel to faculty and staff.
- Provide assistance with interpretation of the collective bargaining agreements, applicable federal and state laws, and campus and Chancellor’s Office policies and procedures.
- Collaborate and partner with the Administration and Finance division to support each other’s successes in achieving the division’s goals and objectives.