“The dynamics of any diverse community
depends not only on the diversity itself but
on promoting a sense of belonging among
those who formerly would have been
considered and felt themselves outsiders.”
My Beloved World, Supreme Court Justice Sonya Sotomayor, 2013.
The Office for Diversity and Inclusion is committed to creating and maintaining a study and work environment for individuals that is free from unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, and promoting equality of opportunity and respect for all by:
- Removing barriers to employment and education;
- Developing policies and procedures that promote equality, inclusion and respect;
- Educating the campus community on subjects of unlawful harassment, discrimination, retaliation, Title IX and diversity;
- Providing students, faculty and staff with information of their rights to file a complaint and providing an avenue to promptly address complaints of unlawful discrimination or harassment.
- Collaborating with Student Affairs, Athletics, Academic Affairs and Public Safety (Sexual Assault Prevention & Services) to promote gender equity and Title IX compliance
- Broadening pathways for access and success to our diverse community; and
- Promoting acceptance, understanding and advocacy for the issues and needs of the underrepresented members of the university.
Diversity at Cal State L.A. is more than a demographic study with positive results. The ODI attempts to transcend coexistence and celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity within each unique individual in our campus.
Lisa M. Sanchez
Assistant Vice President, Human Resources Management
Director, Diversity and Inclusion
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
Annual Notification of Campus Statement on Nondiscrimination, Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Prohibition of Sexual Harassment, and Compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Executive Order 1089 - Systemwide Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation against Employees and Third Party and Procedures for Handling Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Allegations by Employees and Third Parties
Executive Order 1074 - Systemwide Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Against Students and Systemwide Procedure for Handling Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Complaints by Students. (PDF)
UNIONS' COMPLAINT PROCEDURES
WHISTLEBLOWER COMPLAINT PROCEDURES
Guidelines (pdf 63KB)
Reasonable Accommodation for Students (pdf 63KB)
ADA Medical Release Form (pdf 63 KB)
CSU Employment Board
Recruitment Analysis Report (Excel)
Part-Time Diversity Reports/Flow Analysis
ADA Complaint Form (PDF)
Employee Statistics 2005 (PDF)