English Language Program (ELP) Students! Click Here for signup information related specifically to you.
Space is currently available for the Spring 2013 and Summer 2013 quarters, and the 2013-2014 Academic Year. If you would like to apply for Housing, please review the information on this page carefully and contact the Housing Services Office if you have any questions.
Housing Services License Agreement
To complete the online Housing Services License Agreement, you must have an activated Campus Identification Number (CIN). For instructions, please read the section on Activating Accounts below.
The Housing Services License Agreement and the Community Standards/Policies outlined in the Student Guide are legally binding documents that outline the terms and conditions for living on campus. Your submission of the License Agreement requires that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions. If you are under eighteen (18), a signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. A link to the “Under the Age of 18 and Consent to Medical Treatment” form is provided as part of the online License Agreement. As part of the License Agreement, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Payment Schedule, which outlines the installment payments and due dates.
In order to be eligible to live on campus, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be 17 years of age at the start of the license agreement and a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Enroll in the required number of academic units as outlined in the License Agreement.
The Housing application will also ask for general information and preferences that will be used to assign you with compatible roommates. The Housing Services office will make every effort to match roommates based on this information. Due to the size of the population and availability of spaces, the best match possible will be made.
Tuberculosis Verification Form – The Cal State LA Housing complex is a multiple occupancy facility with shared living spaces. Prior to moving to campus, the university requires that all residents provide proof or a negative tuberculosis test or chest x-ray.
Meningococcal Disease Information Form – Per California state law, every First-Year student to the university must be provided information about meningitis and the availability of a vaccine. On the Housing Services License Agreement you will be asked to confirm that you have read this information and will indicate whether or not you have received or plan to receive the vaccine.
An initial payment is required as part of the completion of the License Agreement in order to be considered for a space. The initial fee consists of a $40.00 application fee and a refundable $100.00 security deposit. Your first housing payment is based on the payment plan you choose. The initial fee, program fee ($5/quarter) and first payment must be paid in order to receive an assignment.
- Online (Master Card, AMEX, and Diner’s Club) at https://commerce.cashnet.com/csulapay
- Money Order, Personal Check or Cashier’s Check – mail to the Cashier’s Office.
- Make checks payable to: CSULA Housing Services
- Write the student name, CIN (ID #) and Term for which you are applying (Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring) on the check/money order/cashier’s check and
Mail to: CSULA Cashier’s Office
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032
If you choose to pay in cash please go to the University Cashier’s office to make your payment. Please provide all of the above information when making this payment. Once you make your payment online then include a copy of your receipt when you submit your application materials.
Students with Financial Aid
If you have applied for financial aid, you must pay the initial fee as part of the application process for housing. You may be asked to provide documentation that verifies your aid package. Please be certain to review your financial aid awards for the entire year and make sure you are either fully covered through Spring Quarter for housing fees or will be able to cover any outstanding fees through personal payment.
** International students: please note you will need to select the Quarter Payment Plan to apply for Housing.
Completion of Application and Assignments
Your application will be considered COMPLETE when all of these steps have been taken:
- Online Housing Services License Agreement is submitted successfully
- Initial Payment received
- Meningococcal form received in Housing Office
- Proof of Tuberculosis received in Housing Office
You will then be prioritized by the date your file was completed. Assignments are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. The earlier you submit your application materials and payment, the better your chances are of acquiring a space in our complex. Bed spaces in our complex are limited and if demand exceeds spaces, you may be placed on a waiting list.
Single Request Form (SRF)
Housing Services offers a limited number of single occupancy bedrooms. A single occupancy room means there is one person in a bedroom within an apartment that may have two or four bedrooms. Single occupancy rooms are based on space availability and need. Priority is given to students with documented disabilities, supported by an accommodation request from the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD).
- Applicant’s Name
- Applicant’s Campus Identification Number (CIN)
- The year and quarter that you were planning to live on campus
- Address where the refund should be mailed
- Contact Information (Telephone or email)
You may also complete the online form “Cancellation and Refund Request” form. This form must be received in the Housing Office on or before 5pm on August 27, 2013 to qualify for a refund of housing fees, minus the application fee.
To activate your account:
- Visit the myCSULA Identity website (https://id.calstatela.edu).
- Click on the following link in the upper right corner of the page: I want to activate my student account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
This site also allows you the ability to manage your account, change passwords, change security questions, look up your ID and reset the password.
For frequently asked questions, go to https://id.calstatela.edu/user/faq.jsp.
If you have questions or need assistance with activating your myCSULA Indentity account, please contact ITS Help Desk.
- Location: Library Palmer Wing Lobby
- Phone: (323) 343-6170
- Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you read all of the information on this page when applying for Housing. All residents must fill out and submit the Tuberculosis (TB) Form with a negative TB reading. You MUST be cleared by the Health Center before you can pick up keys and move in for the fall. Freshmen must also fill out and submit the Meningococcal Form.
We are currently accepting Housing applications for:
- 2013-2014 Academic Year
- Summer 2013
If you are having problems logging into the Housing Portal, please make sure you:
1. Have activated your myCSULA Identity and that you can access your Golden Eagle Territory (GET) account. (http://www.calstatela.edu/its/training/pdf/mycsulaidentity.pdf)
2. Have paid your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) of $100 required by Admissions to confirm you will be attending Cal State LA. (http://www.calstatela.edu/univ/admiss/ECD.php)
3. Can access your CSULA email account. (http://www.calstatela.edu/its/helpdesk/emailrpt.php)
If you have taken care of steps 1-3 and still cannot access the Housing Portal, please call our office at (323) 343-4800 or send us an email with details of the problem along with your name and CIN to firstname.lastname@example.org.