English Language Program (ELP) Students! Click Here for signup information related specifically to you.
Applications for the Winter 2014 quarter are now being accepted. If you are interested in immediate housing for the Fall Quarter, please contact the Housing Services Office for additional information.
The Student Housing License Agreement is your contract for housing and meal plan and is for a specific occupancy period. The contract for 2013-14 ends on Saturday, June 14, 2014 as of 2:00 p.m.
STEP 1 – GETTING ACCESS
The Housing License Agreement is available online on the Housing Student Portal.
To be able to log on to the Housing Student Portal using your "myCSULA" username and password, you MUST:
- Be an admitted student to Cal State L.A.
- Have paid your admission Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS ONLY
- Have activated your "myCSULA" Identity (this information was given to you at the time you applied to Cal State L.A.). Need assistance with activating your "myCSULA" Identity? Go to: https://id.calstatela.edu/user/anonmain.jsp
STEP 2 – UNDERSTANDING YOUR LICENSE AGREEMENT
Before you log on to the Housing Portal to complete the Student Housing License Agreement online, you MUST review the following documents for living on campus.
Your submission of the License Agreement requires that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for living on campus. Submitting the online contract is an electronic agreement to these terms and conditions.
If you are under eighteen (18), a signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. A link to the “Under the Age of 18 and Consent to Medical Treatment” form is provided as part of the online License Agreement.
- License Agreement Terms and Conditions (outlines occupancy period, reasons acceptable for canceling, etc.)
- Student Guide (outlines your responsibilities as a resident in the housing community)
- Payment Schedule (outlines payment amounts and due dates)
Your submission of the License Agreement requires that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
- If you are under eighteen (18), a signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. A link to the “Under the Age of 18 and Consent to Medical Treatment” form is provided as part of the online License Agreement.
STEP 3 – LEARNING ABOUT YOUR HOUSING OPTIONS
Please take a few minutes to review your options of room type, meal plan, and payment plan in order to be ready to answer these questions when completing your Housing License Agreement.
- You will also be required to make an online payment of $ 140.00 ($40 application fee and $ 100.00 security deposit) using a credit card or echeck.
STEP 4 – COMPLETING LICENSE AGREEMENT ONLINE
Log on to the Housing Portal using you "myCSULA" username and password and select the License Agreement according to the timeframe you wish to live on-campus.
- The system will walk you through the system.
- One of the last steps is to make your $ 140 initial payment. You will be redirected to CashNet, the vendor the University uses for the collection of payment. Enter the credit card or echeck information and then return to the Housing Student Portal.
- Complete the License Agreement. You will see on the Housing Student Portal homepage a link confirming that your License Agreement has been submitted.
STEP 5 – SUBMITTING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AND PAYMENT
Your application will be considered COMPLETE once all of the following items are received:
- Tuberculosis Verification Form – The Cal State LA Housing complex is a multiple occupancy facility with shared living spaces. The university requires that all residents provide proof or a negative tuberculosis test or chest x-ray in addition to the Tuberculosis Form.
- Medical Consent Form if you are under the age of 18, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required.
- First housing payment according to the payment plan selected on the License Agreement and Payment Schedule. Your first payment must be paid in order to receive an assignment.
If your admission is rescinded, if you have decided not to attend Cal State L.A. or your plans change and no longer need housing, you MUST complete the online “Cancellation and Refund Request” form.
This form must be received in the Housing Office 30 days before the quarter begins to qualify for a refund of housing fees, minus the application fee and cancellation fee. Please refer to Section III.C. of the Housing Services License Agreement for details on the approval process for cancelling after move in.
Assignments are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis using the date your application file was completed. The earlier you submit your application materials and payment, the better your chances are for receiving an assignment and the room type of your choice.
- Bed spaces are limited and if demand exceeds spaces, you may be placed on a waiting list.
- Room types available are double or triple occupancy rooms. A limited number of triple rooms are available. If we are unable to accommodate your requested room type, you will be assigned to a double room and placed on the triple waitlist.
- Single spaces are not available, except by special request (see below under “Special Accommodations).
- A limited number of spaces are available in the 2-bedroom apartments, therefore we recommend applying early.
Special Accommodations: Housing Services has apartments to meet the needs of students with disabilities. To request a housing accommodation you should complete the Housing Services License Agreement and then contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) and set up an appointment to review your request. You may contact the Housing Office with any questions regarding this process.