TRANSITION PROCEDURES FOR CONTINUING STUDENTS (Students that have submitted a License Agreement for SUMMER)
If you have a license agreement (contract) for the summer quarter, please read this section carefully to be fully prepared to transition from Spring to Summer.
To continue as a summer resident, you must complete a 2013-2014 License Agreement and submit your initial payment to hold your space. During April, you will be provided an appointment for selecting your space. For information on contracting for next year and room selection, please click here.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO A NEW SPACE (new bedroom or apartment) FOR THE SUMMER QUARTER
The transition day to move from your current assignment to your summer assignment is Wednesday, June 19, 2013. You must be available on this day to move to your summer assignment. Please do not make any summer travel plans on this date. You will be checking out of your current assignment and checking in to a new assignment and will be completing an Apartment Condition Form for your old and new space.
Be Prepared! Prior to the transition day, please:
- Check your bedroom area and apartment for repairs and submit work orders by May 13th to get your apartment in good order prior to checking out. This will help you avoid damage charges that may be assessed at check-out.
- Begin packing your belongings early and clean your bedroom and shared spaces within the apartment. We encourage you to schedule with your roommates a day to clean the common areas.
- Since you may be transferring to a room that was recently occupied, please be aware that your new apartment may require additional cleaning. Due to the short time period between check-out and check-in, not all apartments will have been cleaned thoroughly. Submit a work order online to report any issues, including cleaning and the Housing Office will schedule services for you.
IF YOUR SUMMER ASSIGNMENT IS THE SAME AS YOUR SPRING ASSIGNMENT (Staying in the same bedroom/apartment):
- You will not need to move if you are assigned to the same apartment and bedroom for the summer quarter as you had for spring quarter
- You will need to have your Apartment Condition Report (ACR) updated for the new academic year
- Prior to June 19, 2013 you must come to the Housing Office and complete a new ACR.
- Bring in your keys to verify the keys in your possession.
- Your file will be reviewed for completion of all paperwork.
- Your summer assignment IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT THIS STEP
You will be following the same procedures as above for your transition to summer quarter. Since you are contracting for the summer only, your contract will end at 2:00 pm on Saturday, September 7, 2013.
To check out at the end of summer you will be using the Express Check-out System. You may pick up an Express Check-out envelope from your Residence Life staff (Resident Director or Resident Assistant). Fill out the information on the envelope, sign, date it and place your keys inside and seal it closed. Return this envelope to the Housing Office. After hours, you may deposit the envelope in the designated drop box under the counter at the Housing Office (Phase II). Using the Express envelope waives your right to contest any damage charges that are attributed to you, including any shared charges with roommates.