As a current resident, you have priority to select a space for 2013-2014 through Room Selection. Don’t miss this opportunity to save your space even if you are not sure of your plans. You will have an opportunity to cancel with a least 30 day notice prior to the move in date.
What is Room Selection? Room Selection is current residents’ opportunity to select their room for summer and/or next year before we assign prospective residents. This is a process that will occur April 8-19, 2013.
Room Selection takes place in phases:
- Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring (Annual contract)
- Fall, Winter and Spring contract (Academic year contract)
- Summer only contract
What do you need to do to participate in Room Selection?
By now you should have already completed your Intent Form letting us know what your Summer housing plans will be. If you missed submitting an Intent Form, you can still participate in Room Selection by submitting your 2013-2014 License Agreement with your payment of $140.00 before Monday, April 8, 2013.
We will then provide you an appointment for selecting your space between April 8-19, 2013. Roommate requests can be accommodated, so make sure your friends also complete their applications. If you are moving out at the end of the contract period, you will need to fill out an End of Spring Move Out/Request for Refund.
To reserve your space, you will be asked to:
1. Complete the online 2013-2014 Housing License Agreement (contract) and make your initial payment of $140.00.
- Summer 2013: Complete the Summer License Agreement if you wish to live here Summer only and don't need housing for Fall 2013.
- Annual License Agreement 2013-2014: Complete the Annual License Agreement if you wish to live here Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring.
- Academic 2013-2014: Complete the Academic Year License Agreement if you wish to live here Fall, Winter and Spring.
2. Attend your Room Selection appointment & select your room. Appointments will be sent to you via your CSULA email account. If you are unable to attend at your appointed time, you may send a proxy in your place. Proxy forms will be available at the Housing Services front desk.
3. May 3 (on or before) Make your first payment according to your Room Selection Confirmation Sheet. It is advisable to hold a space, even if you are unsure of your plans for Fall. Remember, you may cancel your housing assignment with at least 30 day notice prior to the Fall move-in date.
Don’t forget to review the following prior to completing the online contract:
Don’t Forget: Your contract ends as of 2pm on June 15, 2013. All residents will be required to check out (return your keys) by 2pm on June 15, 2013 unless you are contracted to live with us for the Summer 2013.
Click here for FAQs regarding Room Selection (Frequently Asked Questions).