Procedures for End of Spring 2013 Check-out and Transition to Summer 2013
The current 2012-2013 License Agreement expires on Saturday, June 15, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. Unless you have a contract for Summer Quarter, you must move out and return your keys before 2:00 pm on June 15, 2013. Please read through these procedures to ensure a proper transition at the end of Spring Quarter.
Please refer to the section that applies to you:
- Moving Out at end of Spring (No contract for 2013-2014)
- Continuing Resident (Contracted for Summer Quarter)
- Returning Resident (Contracted for Fall Quarter – No Summer)
MOVING OUT - Procedure for Students NOT returning to Housing
If you choose not to submit a License Agreement for next year (Summer or Fall), you must move out on or before 2:00 pm on Saturday, June 15, 2013. Please make sure these are your plans since we may experience a large number of applicants and may have a waitlist by summer. If you change your mind and apply later, you may be placed on waiting list.
For check-out procedures, please follow the same procedures as below for “Returning in the Fall – Moving out at the end of Spring.”
Returning in the Fall Quarter – Moving Out at the end of Spring Quarter
Plan early for your move! If you are submitting a license agreement for the FALL QUARTER but not for summer, you must move out on or before 2:00 p.m. Saturday, June 15, 2013.
Students that are graduating and need an extension may request an extension to stay through Sunday, June 16, 2013. Extensions must be approved in advance. Other extenuating reasons may be considered, but not guaranteed for approval. A daily rate, based on your room type, may be assessed for reasons other than graduation. Requests received after Friday, May 31, 2013 may not be considered. Please contact the Housing Office for instructions.
If you are returning to housing in the Fall quarter, you must complete a Student Housing License Agreement and submit your initial payment to hold your space. For information on contracting for next year and room selection, please click here.
Procedures for students that are not contracted to live on campus for Summer 2013:
- Go online and complete the Cancellation and Application Refund Request form by May 17, 2013.
- Check your bedroom area and apartment for repairs and submit work orders by May 13th to get your apartment in good order prior to checking out. This will help you avoid damage charges that may be assessed at check-out.
- Begin packing your belongings prior to your intended check-out date and clean your bedroom and shared spaces within the apartment. We encourage you to schedule with your roommates a day to clean the common areas.
- An “exit” Apartment Condition Report (ACR) must be completed upon your departure. You may be present when staff inspects your apartment or elect to waive this right and have staff perform an inspection after you have moved out (see details below).
- As soon as you move out, please contact all of your important businesses to change your address (bank, cell phone company, workplace, magazines, etc.) Keep in mind it will takes up to 30 days before your mail begins forwarding with these businesses. Mail will be forwarded from CSULA for four weeks only.
How to Check-out
Option 1: If you Move out BEFORE June 15, 2013:
Make an appointment with your Resident Assistant (RA) between May 20-June 7, 2013 if you wish to check-out with a staff member BEFORE June 15, 2013 and review your apartment/bedroom condition in person. This will assure that you have also reviewed your apartment for damages that may be charged to you. The check-out appointment is to be set for the date and time of your departure (all belongings have been removed and apartment has been cleaned). You will fill out the section for check-out condition, sign and date your ACR form and turn in your keys to your Resident Assistant (RA) or Resident Director (RD). If you do not wish to check out with a staff member, you may use Option 3 (below).
Option 2: Moving out ON Saturday, June 15, 2013:
Choosing this option means you will prepare for your move ahead of time, organize and pack prior to this date. Once you have completely removed all of your belongings and cleaned your apartment, you will report to the Phase II Lounge. You will have the option to inspect your apartment with a Housing staff member to assess any damages using your ACR form or use Option 3 (below). If you choose to check-out with a staff member, you will complete the ACR, note damages, sign and date the form and turn in your keys. If you do not wish to inspect your apartment with a staff member, you may use Option 3 (below). You must be completely moved out by 2:00 pm or additional charges may be assessed.
Option 3: Use the Express Check-out System
You may pick up an Express Check-out envelope from your Residence Life staff (Resident Director or Resident Assistant). Fill out the information on the envelope, sign, date it and place your keys inside and seal it closed. Return this envelope to the Housing Office. After hours, you may deposit the envelope in the designated drop box under the counter at the Housing Office (Phase II). Using the Express envelope waives your right to contest any damage charges that are attributed to you, including any shared charges with roommates.