Notice - Non-ELP (English Language Program) Students, Click Here for signup information related specifically to general applicants.
Housing Services at California State University of Los Angeles offers affordable apartment-style accommodations that provide participants the convenience of being on-campus. Residents will enjoy a shared bedroom in a furnished 2 bedroom or 4 bedroom apartments, with a fully equipped kitchen which includes a stove, microwave, refrigerator/s and dishwasher.
HOUSING LICENSE AGREEMENT & STUDENT GUIDE (IMPORTANT POLICIES)
Before you submit your application, please print and read the following documents. It is important that you understand that you are signing a legal document stating you will live on-campus for the academic year and will follow all policies.
Housing License Agreement
- The License Agreement you are signing is a contract to live on-campus for the Academic Year (fall through spring) or until your program ends.
- The License Agreement (contract) is not for temporary housing. These arrangements are for the time period that covers your attendance in the English Language Program.
- The License Agreement is a legally binding document.
- Your signature or your guardian or representative’s signature on the document, indicates that you have read and understand the Terms and Conditions, as outlined in the Cal State LA Housing Services License Agreement for living on-campus.
Housing Student Guide
- Housing Student Guide – This document explains Housing policies and procedures that you must follow while living on-campus. In addition, it explains the services provided to on-campus residents.
- Your contract and housing is for the academic year, during your participation in the English Language Program. If you will not continue taking classes at Cal State LA, you must submit the Request for Exception form 30 days prior to the end of your last quarter. Please provide a memo from ELP verifying that your program has ended.
- All other reasons to cancel your contract will not be accepted, unless you can provide documentation of a hardship, as outlined in the License Agreement.
- If your request to cancel your contract is denied, you will not be approved to move out and will be responsible for charges through the end of your contract.
Print and review the Payment Schedule. This outlines your payment amounts and due dates.
Housing Services provides two different meal plan options to students who sign up for a meal plan. We have 7 meals a week and 12 meals a week (subject to change). Please visit our Meal Plan web page to get additional information.
The following are the steps to apply for housing.
- Print and read the License Agreement Terms & Conditions and Housing Student Guide website: http://www.calstatela.edu/univ/housing/License_Agreement.php
- Download and print all of the forms below (you can type on the screen before you print):
- English Language Program – Housing Services Application and License Agreement
- Tuberculosis Verification Form
- Meningococcal Disease Notification Form
- Meal Plan Agreement (if you would like to have a meal plan)
- Make a copy of your passport
- Purchase an International Money Order for the Room Fees + Fees + Meal Plan (if you want the meal plan).
- Place all the completed forms, copy of your passport and your payment in an envelope and mail it to Housing Services. We recommend emailing Askhousing@cslanet.calstatela.edu to verify that we received your Housing Forms and payment.
Your payment for your room rent, fees and meal plan must be turned in with your Housing Forms.
- You may pay by Money Order, Personal Check, or Cashier’s Check by including the payment with your application materials listed above. If you are not in the United States, please send an International Money Order.
California State University, Los Angeles
5300 Paseo Rancho Castilla
Your student application file will be considered COMPLETE on the date that all of the items listed above have been received in the Housing Services office. Completed application files are prioritized by the date received and assigned on a first come first serve basis. So, the earlier you submit your application materials and payment, the better your chances are of acquiring a space in our complex.
- Making a payment and/or submitting your application materials do not guarantee you a space in the Housing Services complex.
- Bed space in our complex is limited so it is possible that individuals with completed application files will be placed on a waiting list.
- Any student application file that is missing any of the items listed above will be considered Incomplete and your application will be pending until all outstanding items have been received.