Frequently Asked Questions:
- I'm a new registered student, how do I get a One Card?
- What is the card used for?
- I have the old card design, what do I need to do to get the new design?
- How do I make copies or print using my card?
- How do I care for my card?
- Go to the Golden Eagle Service Center located on the 2nd floor of the Golden Eagle Building Rm. 220.1.
- Present a photo ID (driver's license, state id card, passport, etc.). Along with your receipt for the $5 payment and proof of registration.
- Pay the $5 non-refundable ID card fee.
- Fill out a One Card Application Form (PDF 42KB).
It provides you access to an array of services and products all over campus including
- Student/Faculty/Staff ID
- University Library Card
- Computer Labs
- Copier and Printing Services
- Debit Card
- Door Access
If you have the old design and would like to upgrade your card, you can simply do that by paying the $5 replacement fee at the Cashier's Office, Adm. 128 and then visit us at the GESC so we can start the replacement process.
Upon receiving your One Card, your debit account is ready to use. The debit feature allows you to add money to your card and make copies and/or prints. To activate your account, simply make a deposit to your One Card by using one of our Value Transfer Stations (VTS). Value Transfer Stations are conveniently located in the following areas:
- John F. Kennedy Library North 1st Floor
- John F. Kennedy Library North Level A
- Martin Luther King Hall Link – Open Access Lab
- Annex Link – Open Access Lab
- Salazar Hall Link – Open Access Lab
- Palmer Wing Library Link –Open Access Lab
- ECST Link (Engineering and Technology) –Open Access Lab
To ensure durability and validity of your One Card:
- Keep it in a safe carrying case
- Keep the card away from magnets and computers
- Do not punch holes in your card
- Do not bend the card
- Avoid exposing the card to excessive heat
- Do not wash the card