The following guidelines apply to property (fixed assets) on campus. Assets Management staff maintain a record of University Property.
- All sensitive items (such as cell phones and computers) with a value over $500, and tangible (such as equipment or furniture) or intangible (such as software) property with a value of $5,000 and a life expectancy of a least a year must be tagged with a unique identification number by the Property Management Office.
- Items with a value lower than $500 or $5,000 respectively must be tracked by each University department.
- The University's physical assets will be inventoried annually. Departments are required to confirm the existence of each tagged item or to state its new location. Departments must also document the existence of any equipment that is not currently listed.
- Removal or disposal of unwanted property must be coordinated through Property Management. A request for a Property Survey must be completed and submitted to the Property Management Office.
- Property may be reissued to another department by filling out a Property Movement Form. The form must be complete and submitted the Property Management Office for processing. University property may be sold or disposed of only by Property Management.