- be a US citizen or eligible noncitizen;
- be registered with Selective Service (if required);
- be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular matriculated student in a degree objective or teaching credential program. Unclassified Post-Baccalaureate students are normally not eligible for financial aid. If you are a student, check with the Center for Student Financial Aid. Extension/continuing education students are ineligible for financial aid.
- be making satisfactory academic progress;
- not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal educational loan;
- have financial need (except for Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans and Plus Loans); and
- be a California resident for state financial aid programs (SUG, EOP, Cal Grant A and B).
Selective Service Information
If you are a male who is at least 18 years old and born after December 31, you MUST be registered with Selective Service in order to receive Federal student aid. You may now register with Selective Service online.