Direct Loan Application Procedures
In order to be considered for a Federal Direct
Loan, you must:
- Submit a Free Application Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
for the current academic year, and file any additional
documents that may be required.
- Attend an Entrance Loan Counseling Session, if required.*
- Complete the Federal Direct Loan Application.
- Submit the application to the Center for Student
Financial Aid Office, SA 124.
- Sign and return the Master Promissory Note, if required.
This can be done electronically by going to https://lo-online.ed.gov/empn/unsecure/index.jsp
and following the instructions. If you wish to sign
a paper MPN, please contact the Center for Student
* First time borrowers and return borrowers
who did not have a loan in the prior award year @ CSULA
must attend an Entrance Loan Counseling Session, either
in-person or on-line.
* Borrowers who had a loan in the prior award
year @ CSULA do not have to attend
another entrance Loan Counseling Session.