Chemical and Laboratory Safety
The health and safety of personnel (staff, students, and visitors) in a laboratory and/or non-laboratory environment in which hazardous or potentially hazardous materials or substances are used is the concern of everyone at this University. A “safety first” attitude emphasizes hazard identification and risk minimization as a part of any laboratory/chemical planning activity. Chemical Safety procedures and practices are designed to minimize potential exposure to hazardous materials.
Chemical/Laboratory safety issues effecting faculty, students and staff are coordinated and implemented through the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Office. If you have questions about Chemical/Laboratory Safety, email Kevin Brady or call (323) 343-3527. We invite you to visit our office located in Administration 302 and openly discuss your ideas to enhance the overall effectiveness of this program.
- June 2012 Lab Safety Training (PDF)
- April 2012 Lab Safety Training (PDF)
- December 2011 Lab Safety Training (PDF)
- June 2011 Lab Safety Training (PDF)
- June 2010 Lab Safety Training (PDF)
- June 2009 Lab Safety Training (PDF)
- March 2009 Lab Safety Training (PDF)
- September 2010 Chemical Safety for Facilities (PDF)