Student Employment Eligibility

Student Assistant

  1. Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 each quarter  AND

  2. Must be a currently enrolled student at Cal State L.A. at least half time during each quarter of employment.  (Half-time enrollment is:  undergraduate – 6 quarter units minimum; graduate - 4 quarter units minimum.)  Exception - student employees are exempt from the enrollment requirement during summer quarter if they were enrolled in the spring quarter and are continuing enrollment in the fall quarter in the same department. All new hires must be enrolled at the time of employment.

Federal/State Work-Study

  1. Must have and maintain an overall GPA of 2.0, and be a currently enrolled student with a minimum of 6 quarter units (federal and state regulations require that work-study students be enrolled during each quarter of employment) AND

  2. Be a current Federal/State Work-Study award notification recipient.


Students who graduate must terminate their employment upon graduation unless they are continuing in graduate school the following quarter.

Students enrolled only in Extended Education, Open University, or the English Language Program (formerly ACLP) are not eligible for student employment on campus.