All deadlines are “postmark dates” unless otherwise noted. For test dates, please refer to the appropriate resources for test registration deadlines and associated fees.
The Fall 2012 Admission Application filing period begins October 1, 2011 for all applicants.
- CSU Mentor Undergraduate Admission Application
- Domestic Applicants – November 30, 2011
- International (F/J Visa) Applicants – April 2, 2012
- For freshman applicants: Last qualifying SAT/ACT Testing – December 2011
- Application Fee Payment ($55 non-refundable)
- Domesitc Applicants – December 15, 2011
- International (F/J Visa) Applicants – April 16, 2012
- Updating Application Information for Admissions eligibility –
March 1, 2012
° Additional coursework for admissions ° Revised Grade Point Average (GPA) ° December 2011 SAT/ACT test scores ° Missing requested documents
° For information about updating your application, visit
- For F/J Visa applicants: Financial Affidavit and partial transcripts/credentials – April 16, 2012
- For applicants with international coursework and F/J Visa: English Proficiency test scores – April 16, 2012
- Enrollment Confirmation Deposit ($100 non-refundable) –
May 1, 2012
- For F/J Visa applicants – June 1, 2012
- For freshman applicants: English Placement Test (EPT)/ Entry
Level Mathematics (ELM) test date – May 5, 2012
(sign up by 4/20/12)
- For F/J Visa applicants – Upon arrival in the US
- New Student Orientation Reservation – July 5, 2012
° Additional information will be sent in June 2012 ° Mandatory for First Time Freshman students ° Strongly recommended for Transfer students
- For F/J Visa applicants: Mandatory International
Student Orientation – September 2012
- For more information, please visit International Programs and Services at www.calstatela.edu/univ/intlstu
- Official Final Transcript and/or Test Scores (SAT, ACT, AP, IB,
etc.) – July 13, 2012
- Coursework through Spring 2012 will be used to determine Fall 2012 admissions eligibility.
Special note to Graduate applicants:
In addition to the CSU Mentor Graduate Admissions Application, many programs also require a separate departmental application. To ensure full consideration of your application, you must submit any required separate application to your graduate program of interest by the deadline date for the program. For more information, please visit the Office of Graduate Studies and the Important Information for Applicants.
- CSU Mentor Graduate Admission Application - May 15, 2012
- Supplemental Department Application – varies; contact Academic Department
- Application Fee Payment ($55 non-refundable) – May 31, 2012
- For applicants with international coursework and F/J Visa: English Proficiency test scores – May 31, 2012
- For F/J Visa applicants: Financial Affidavit – May 31, 2012
- Official Transcript(s) – May 31, 2012
- For F/J Visa students: Mandatory International Student
Orientation – September 2012
° For more information, please visit International Programs and Services at www.calstatela.edu/univ/intlstu/
Missing any of the stated deadlines and enrollment criteria may prevent admission eligible students from enrolling at Cal State L.A. for Fall 2012. There are no exceptions to these requirements, and enrollment may not be deferred to a future quarter.
Please note that all fees are subject to change.
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by The Board of Trustees.