How to Request Summer Financial Aid
Summer financial aid request may be submitted online via the financial aid website beginning, Thursday, March 2, 2017. Students must have a complete financial aid file to be considered for summer funding. Students should check their “TO DO” list on GET to determine if they are required to submit any documents. Summer funding requests WILL NOT be processed for students with outstanding financial aid documents.
- Must have not exhausted financial aid eligibility for the 2016-17 academic year. For more information and details on remaining financial aid eligibility, please inquire with the Financial Aid Office.
- Must be a matriculated degree seeking student at CSULA and/or Cal State LA Downtown (DTLA).
- Must be enrolled in summer classes (College of Professional and Global Education and/or main campus) that will count toward CSU undergraduate, graduate or post baccalaureate programs.
- Must be in good academic standing with the university.
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards for financial aid at the conclusion of the 2016-17 Spring term in order to receive a disbursement. For more SAP information, please visit: http://www.calstatela.edu/financialaid/eligibility
- Must have filed a 2016-17 FAFSA, complete the required financial aid process, and meet all applicable eligibility requirements and deadlines.
- Must be enrolled in at least six units through state-supported classes to be eligible for a State University Grant (SUG).
- Must be enrolled in at least six units to be eligible for a Federal Direct loan disbursement.
Types of Aid Available:
The Federal Pell Grant, State University Grant (SUG), and Direct Loan programs are available to assist matriculated, degree seeking Cal State LA students, enrolling in state-support and/or self-support classes that count towards their CSU undergraduate, graduate, and approved post baccalaureate programs. Alternative private education loans, which are based on a students and/or their parents’ credit, may also be available.
IMPORTANT: Financial Aid is limited to the annual limit of their financial aid award. This means that the student may not receive a financial aid award that exceeds the maximum amount allotted for one academic year. For more information on your remaining financial aid eligibility, please inquire with the Financial Aid Office.
For more detailed information and eligibility requirements, please visit the Center for Student Financial Aid.
Applicants can check application status and can view summer financial aid awards on GET.
The CSU makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, CSU must reserve the right, even after fees are initially charged or initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees. All listed fees, other than mandatory system wide fees, are subject to change without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester or quarter has begun. All CSU listed fees should be regarded as estimates that are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Trustees, the Chancellor, or the Presidents, as appropriate. Changes in mandatory system wide fees will be made in accordance with the requirements of the Working Families Student Fee Transparency and Accountability Act (Sections 66028 - 66028.6 of the Education Code).