Should I Seek Counseling?
People can benefit from counseling for many different reasons including:
- Coping with stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improving relationship skills
- Surviving grief and loss
- Body image and disordered eating
- Concerns about excessive drug and alcohol use
- Thoughts of harming yourself or another person
- Anger and irritability
- Challenges regarding sex, gender identity, or sexual identity
- Recovering from a traumatic experience
- Hearing voices
- Negative self-talk and improving self-esteem
- And many more....
Our Counselors will initially meet with you for a Brief Assessment to help determine the next best steps. To find out more, click on scheduling a CAPS appointment.
Am I Eligible? And Do I Have to Pay?
For eligibility, please click on Student Health Center Eligibility. There is no additional fee for CAPS services.
How Many Students Use Caps Services?
Last year CAPS served over 1600 students, approximately 6% of Cal State LA’s student population.