Should I Seek Counseling?
People can benefit from counseling for many different reasons including:
- Coping with stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improving relationship skills
- Surviving grief and loss
- Body image and disordered eating
- Concerns about excessive drug and alcohol use
- Thoughts of harming yourself or another person
- Anger and irritability
- Challenges regarding sex, gender identity, or sexual identity
- Recovering from a traumatic experience
- Hearing voices
- Negative self-talk and improving self-esteem
- And many more....
Our Counselors will initially meet with you for a Brief Assessment to help determine the next best steps. To find out more about scheduling an appointment, click HERE.
Am I Eligible? And Do I Have to Pay?
For eligibility, please click HERE. There is no additional fee for CAPS services.
How Many Students Use Caps Services?
Last year CAPS served over 1600 students, approximately 6% of Cal State LA’s student population.