Don't Pollute! Change the Way You Commute
The Commuter Services Office provides faculty, staff and students with an extensive Rideshare Program. The following programs are available to assist you in your commute to Cal State LA.
Ridesharing apps provide alternative ways to get to campus.
Introducing Waze Carpool
Step 2: Add your Cal State LA email address to your profile
THIS IS REQUIRED TO TRIGGER THE FREE RIDES!
Step 3: In the app, tap Request ride & select the days you want to carpool
Step 4: Relax in the passenger seat...commuting just got easier.
What’s Waze Carpool?
Waze Carpool is a fun, cheap and efficient way to get around Los Angeles. Because riders only help cover the costs of the drive, rides will never exceed $0.54 a mile.
Are Waze Carpool drivers Waze employees?
Waze Carpool drivers aren't professionals like those found on Uber and Lyft. Instead, they are neighbors, coworkers or fellow Angelenos looking to meet new people and maybe get back some gas money.
Lyft Line is an affordable new way to ride. Share the ride with others going the same way, and pay up to 60% less.
Here are 3 easy steps to joining Lyft Line:
1. Open the Lyft app and select ‘Line.’
Within minutes, you’ll be matched with a ride.
at the discounted rate.
3. Wait for a text from Lyft when your Line arrives.
Eagle Rideshare with Rideamigos
- Discover alternatives to driving in, be it finding a carpool buddy, a new bike route, transit options, or even a vanpool.
- Track your own parking, transit, and active modes of commuting, showing you details such as calories burned, CO2 reduction, money saved, and more.
- Learn about campus commuting programs and amenities.
- Earn rewards and compete with fellow campus members.
To get started visit the Cal State LA’s Ride Amigos site, click on the Register button on the top of the screen and register using your campus email address. Then start using any of the commuting benefits!