Cal State LA’s Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) Electrical Engineer (EE) test prep review course prepares the candidate for the PE EE examination with National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). The 60-hour review classes are held at the university main campus on 10 consecutive Saturdays and a few Sundays from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the late summer and into fall in preparation for the October examination.
All PE EE are taught by faculty from Cal State LA’s College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology (ECST). U.S. News & World Report "America's Best Colleges" issue has ranked Cal State LA's engineering program among the nation's best undergraduate programs.
Who should enroll?
The PE EE course is for qualified applicants who must register and pay for the PE EE examination through NCEES. Applicants have been certified as an “Engineer-in-Training”(EIT) by passing the FE exam and have 12 or 24 months of documentable qualifying work experience.
- General Circuit Analysis
- Circuit 2, Machines, Transformers & EM Devices
- Fault Analysis & General Power Engineering
- General Power Engineering
- Electronics I
- Electronics II
- National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Transmission and Distribution
- Power Systems Protection
- Power Electronics
Course topics are subject to change.
10 consecutive Saturdays commencing in late summer (August-October)
Next session: August 20 – October 14, 2017 (9:00 - 4:00 p.m.)
Registration and Fees/Register
- Farrokh Habibi-Ashrafi, Ph.D., Part time faculty
- Juan Castaneda, M.S., Part time faculty
- Adis Gharibian, M.S., Part time faculty
- Khosrow Rad, Ph.D., Part time faculty
- Lili Tabrizi, Ph.D., Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cal State LA
- Ara Vartanians, P.E., M.S.E.E.
Lili Tabrizi, Course Coordinator
California State University, Los Angeles
Application and Examination Resource
For more information on the applications and examinations contact:
National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
280 Seneca Creek Road
Seneca, SC 29678
Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95833-2944