CONTACT USFaculty Sponsor: Dr. Robert Kennison Office: KH D-3072 Phone: 323-343-5670 Email: PsiChi.intl.CSULA@gmail.com FOLLOW US & STAY CONNECTED! Facebook: Psi Chi CSULA Instagram: Psichicsula Board Members:
|Board Member||Name||Office Hour - KH D 3072-A|
|President||Gloria Marquez||Friday 10:00-11:00am or By Appointment|
|Vice-President||Joann Ly||Tuessdays 10:345- 11:45pm|
|Secretary||Zaide Hernandez||Thursdays 3:30-4:30pm|
|Treasurer||Kraig Saito||By Appointment|
|Historian||Jeff Hsiao||Monday 4:30- 5:45pm|
|Membership Chair||Irene Hernandez||Monday 10:00- 11:00am|
|Program Coordinator||Vanessa Ramirez||Wednesday 9:00- 10:00am|
PSI CHI Activities
|Fri. April 13, 2018||
6pm Induction Ceremony (OFF CAMPUS)
RSVP by 4/9/18 at 12pm
|Wed. April 11, 2018||Elections meeting|
|Wed. Feb. 28 2018||
General Meeting: Graduate School Chicago Grad. School
|Fri. March 2, 2018||CSULA Symposium - UNIV Student Union 9am-1pm|
|Fri. March 9 2018||Sea World Psi Chi/Psi Beta SIGN UP CLOSED|
|Wed. March 14,2018||General Meeting: TBD|
- was founded September 4, 1929, during the 9th International Congress of Psychology. Representatives from 11 colleges and universities signed the charter, and three others signed by proxy.
- is the largest student psychological organization with more than three-quarters of a million members.
- has international chapters from Canada to New Zealand.
- publishes the Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research.
- offers over $400,000 in grants and awards annually.
- participates in six regional and two national conventions each year.
- includes B.F. Skinner, Florence L. Denmark, and Albert Bandura, among many others, as distinguished members.
- was the first student organization formally affiliated with APA.
Psi Chi provides a student office where relevant information regarding conferences, conventions, scholarships, or research opportunities open to psychology students and Psi Chi members is regularly posted.
Official Membership Information
Qualifications for Psi Chi membership at Cal State LA are identical to those of the national headquarters: completion of 5 quarters of college courses; completion of 9 semester hours/14 quarter hours of psychology, registration for major or minor standing in psychology; overall GPA of 3.0 for undergraduates; average GPA of "B" or better for graduate students; high standards of personal behavior; two-thirds affirmative vote of those present at regular chapter meetings.
Complete your application online by visiting psichi.org
Join Our Psi Chi Club
Haven't paid your dues? Don't meet the minimum qualifications yet?
Don't let that stop you!!!
Come to all meetings and social activities