M.S., Instructional Systems Technology
Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
B.S., Science Education
Ewha Womens University, Seoul, Korea
Computer Information Systems Faculty
Pasadena City College, 08/2002 - present
Full-time tenure-track position. Teach courses for Computer Information Systems majors.
Educational Technology Specialist
Pasadena City College, 04/2001 – 08/2002
Consulted with faculty to provide assistance with the instructional application of educational technology including online instructions. Conducted in-service training for faculty on the use of various software packages. Designed and developed instructional models and materials.
• Web Animations for Physics (three animation titles delivered on the Web)
• Virtual Tutoring Center (a web site for online tutoring)
• Game for Japanese Language Education
• Online surveys and automated reports for Nursing Department
• Online testing and grading system for Chemistry
• Online Math
• Management system for technology classes
• PDAs in classroom
• Series of Teaching and Technology workshops (organized and presented)
California State University, Northridge, 01/2001 12/2001
Taught Art 200, Introduction to Visual Technology. Foundation course for art and design majors. Lecture and lab course covers computer hardware and software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Dreamweaver.
Samsung Electronics Co, Ltd., 03/1998 03/2000
Produced, designed and managed CD ROM title development from concept to completion including budgeting and contracting. Created content and activities, character specifications and storyboards. Directed the team and interacted with both internal and external vendors and divisions to manage content development, production, marketing and quality assurance. Projects include:
• Hello Elementary English series (four edutainment titles on CD ROM )
• Elementary School English series (four edutainrnent titles on CD ROM)
Comware Incorporated, 08/1996 O2/1998
Designed, developed and optimized instructional strategies and user interfaces for interactive training software and electronic performance support systems for Fortune 500 companies. Conducted needs analyses and performance consulting.
Developed proposals, definition documents, activity design plans and storyboards. Projects include:
• Nationwide Learning Network (Intranet-based job support system)
• Capability Center (Intranet-based performance management system)
• Network Management Training on Web (Web-based training)
• Telecommunication Training on CD ROM (Computer-based Training)
Education & Training Resources, Indiana University, 05/1996 07/1996
Assisted teaching and directed off-site training for intensive certification program in Instructional Design and Performance Technology for the Lucky Goldstar (LG) corporation.
Motorola University Korea, 06/1995 08/1995
Developed job models and job-specific training curriculum for the employees at Motorola Korea Ltd. Conducted job analyses and training course analyses.
SERVICE TO THE COLLEGE AND COMMUNITY
• Speaker, the Business and Computer Technology Division
Retreat, Pasadena City College (PCC), February 2002.
• Organized inter-department Collaboration Retreat, PCC, March 2002
• Search Committee member, PCC, 2002
• Awarded Partnership for Excellence Grant for online education, 2001.
• Title V advisory board member, PCC, 2001
• Web Design Committee member, Digital Media Center, 2001
• Staff Development Technology Committee member, PCC, 2001
• Web Accessibility Advisory member, Disabled Student Programs & Services, PCC, 2001
• Accreditation Committee member, PCC, 2001
• Guest lecturer, Asian Art, Azusa Pacific University, February 2001
• Faculty Technology Committee member, PCC, 2001
• Guest lecturer, Multimedia Design, California State University Northridge, November 2000
• Elementary School English series (CD-ROM title) used by the entire South Korean elementary school system, 2000
• Hello Elementary English series (CD-ROM title) received the Recommend grade from the Ministry of Education in South Korea, 1999
• Speaker, Hypermedia ’96 conference, September 1996
• Interpreter, ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) ’96 conference, August 1996.
CONFERENCES, SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
• Information Competency Workshop, The Office of Economic
Development/Vocational Education, PCC, May 2002
• Crossing the Chasm: Moving Teaching and Learning Innovation to the Mainstream, April 2002
• California Community College’s Network Retreat, @ONE, March 2002
• TechEd Conference, The Community College Foundation, February 2002
• Essential Skills for Success, LA Regional Vocational Education Institute, October 2001
• Animation Film Festival, 2001
• Multimedia Workshops, PCC Digital Media Center, June 2001
• SIGGRAPH (The ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques) annual conference, August 1999
• AECT (The Association for Educational Communications & Technology) annual conference, 1996