|Founded in 1884, The Institute of
Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is a worldwide technical
Professional society devoted to advancing the application and theory of
electrical, computer and electronics engineering. IEEE is the world's largest
technical professional association, connecting more than 360,000 electrical
engineers, scientists and professional members in approximately 175 countries
with about 45,000 student members.
Through its members, the IEEE is a leading authority in technical areas ranging
from computer engineering, biomedical technology and telecommunications, to
electric power, aerospace and consumer electronics, among others..
Founded in 1884 by electrical engineering innovators who understood the value
of shared information, the IEEE vision is to advance global prosperity by
fostering technological innovation, enabling members' careers, and promoting
Find the solutions to shape your future
|The IEEE's mission is to promote the
development of electro-technology and allied sciences, the application of these
sciences for the benefit of humanity, the advancement of the profession, and
the well-being of its members
Become a Member
|Applicants for admission as a Student
Member must carry at least 50 percent of a normal full-time academic program as
a registered undergraduate or graduate student in a regular course of study in
an IEEE designated field. Student membership is limited to eight years. The
record of each Student Member who has graduated, or reached the end of his/her
eight-year limit, is screened to determine whether he/she is eligible for
reclassification as a Member and, if not, is invited to continue with the IEEE
as an Associate.
Interested in becoming a member? Check out our Resources page which will have
more information on joining the largest technical society worldwide. Join and
see why others have already benefited!
Join the CSULA IEEE Chapter: Application for Student Participant >>
For more information on IEEE benefits click here.
- More than 300 local organizations worldwide for member networking.
- Opportunities for volunteering, leadership and participation in a variety of IEEE activities.
- Special cost saving and value-added benefits for MEMBERS ONLY.
- Public advocacy for U.S. member interests, and for women in engineering and ethics.
- More than 1,300 student branches at universities in 80 countries
- IEEE holds annually more than 300 major conferences.
- IEEE produces 30 percent of the world’s published literature in electrical and electronics engineering and computer science areas.
- IEEE is the leading authority in technical areas ranging from computer engineering, electrical engineering, biomedical technology and electronics.