Calendar of Events
ECST Student Organizations
ECST Projects & Competitions
Career Fair Information for Participating Companies
Career Fair Information for Students
ENGINEERING, COMPUTER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY STUDENT COUNCIL
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LOS ANGELES
Constitution and Bylaws
Date Revised: 07/07/97
Date Revised: 08/03/01
Date Revised: 05/08/02
Article 1 Name, Purpose and Membership
Article II Executive Board
- Section 1. Name
The name of this organization shall be the Engineering, Computer Science and Technology Student Council. The official abbreviations shall be the ECST SC and ECST Student Council.
- Section 2. Purpose
The purpose(s) and functions of the ECSTSC shall be:
- Clause 1. To be the governing body of the members of recognized student organizations for The College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology
- Clause 2. To coordinate the recognized member student organizations, for the purpose of providing a channel for communication between the collegeÂ’s student organizations with the other campus student organizations.
- Clause 3. To coordinate and organize the annual Engineering, Computer Science and Technology Week.
- Section 3. Membership
Membership within the ECSTSC shall be:
- Clause 1. Regular membership in this student organization shall be open to all currently enrolled and continuing students of the California State University, Los Angeles, College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology.
- Clause 2. Faculty, staff and alumni of CSULA and the College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, as well as non-students may be considered for non-voting membership in this organization.
- Clause 3. To be recognized by the ECSTSC, ECST student organizations must appoint a member of their student organization to be their voting representative in the ECSTSC. Send their student organization representative to all required ECSTSC meetings requiring the student organization representativesÂ’ attendants.
- Clause 4. Each organization shall have one vote, which is held by the student organizationÂ’s representative. Only currently enrolled or continuing students of CSULA, who are currently members of a student organizations that is recognized by the CSDP, may be voting members
Article III Duties of Officers
- Section 1. Qualifications
Only currently enrolled or continuing students in good standing at CSULA who are members of a recognized student organization and enrolled in the College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, may be officers of this organization. The officers of this organization must have a G.P.A. of at least 2.0 or that required by the CSDP.
- Section 2. The officers of this organization may include, but are not limited to one President, one Engineering Vice President, one Technology Vice President, one Computer Science Vice President, one Secretary, one Treasurer, and an Organization Representative (one per organization).
- Section 3. Term of Office
The officers of the ECST Student Council shall be elected by a majority vote (51 %) of the voting membership of the organizations present, with elections being held at least once a year. Elections can be called for by a (51%) vote from the ECSTSC Officers only held when quorum is met.
Article IV Advisor
- Section 1. The President of the ECSTSC shall
- See that the officers of the ECSTSC discharge their duties faithfully, accurately and promptly.
- Decide Points of Order.
- Have the power to appoint any officers or committees as deemed necessary.
- Appoint one of the vice-presidents or a person of his/her choice to succeed to his/her duties in his/her absence of disability
- Section 2. The vice-presidents of the ECSTSC shall
- Assist the President in the performance of his/her duties.
- Section 3. The secretary of the ECSTSC shall:
- Keep accurate and complete minutes of all meetings of the ECSTSC.
- Keep copies of minutes and give to members when requested.
- Keep copies of name, phone number, and address lists, providing them to the members as requested.
- Section 4. The Treasurer of the ECSTSC shall:
- Keep accurate and complete records of all moneys.
- Make expenditures and deposits only with the authorization of the President.
- Submit a budget request to the ASI BOD before the deadline of the filing period.
Advisors accept the responsibility to advise and consult with the student organization, but they do not have the authority to control the policy of the organization. Advisors shall be California State University Los Angeles, College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology faculty and be appointed yearly by executive board. Advisors do not possess a vote.Article V Meetings
Article VI Dues And Fines
- Section 1 Regular meetings shall be held approximately six times a quarter or as required by the President.
- Clause 1 The agenda can be set by the President or the Executive Board or both and is to be passed out at the beginning of each meeting.
- Section 2 Quorum shall be a simple majority of the voting members or five (5) voting members of a meeting that has been posted for one week
Each regular member of ECSTSC shall pay no dues. Dues and/or fines may be prescribed if approved by 2/3 vote of regular membership Article VII Amendments
This Constitution and Bylaws may be amended by 2/3 vote of the present voting membership of ECST Student Council in quorum.
Authority, Responsibilities and Duties
The ECSTSC does not represent the College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology student body as a whole. The ECSTSC only represents the members of the ECST recognized clubs, organizations and projects. The ASI representative for the College of Engineering, Computer Science and Technology is the representative for all the College of ECST student body.