Enrollment through Open University is on a space-available basis with the consent of the instructor and the academic department.
Due to COVID-19 the registration process through Open University has been modified. Please follow the instructions below.
Open University Enrollment Procedure:
- Complete the Open University form. (Fall 2020 coming soon!)
- Email your completed form to Pagestudents@calstatela.edu.
- The College of Professional and Global Education (PaGE) will respond to you with a Campus Identification Number (CIN).
- You will then be prompted to forward your registration request to the instructor via email.
- If the instructor is willing to add, he or she will proceed to request, via email, a permit from the department coordinator.
- The department coordinator will issue a permit in GET.
- Once the permit is issued it is the students responsibility to inform email@example.com that this has occurred.
- PaGE will forward you a link to submit payment only after a permit is secured.
- Paying with a debit or credit card will incur a Non-Refundable 2.75%service fee.
- If paying with cash or check, proceed to the Cashier’s Office located on the first floor of the Administration Building, Room 128. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
9. Once payment is received, PaGE will proceed with enrollment in GET.
$320 per unit
Applying Credit Toward a Degree
|Bachelor's Degree Programs||Master's Degree Programs|
|Up to 24 credits earned through Open University may be applied toward a bachelor's degree program.||Up to 9 credits earned through Open University may be applied toward a master's degree and/or credential program with department pre-approval.|
Students may take up to 18 credits per semester, but they may not enroll in directed or independent study, research, thesis, field work, cooperative education courses, or courses with the suffix R.
Students planning to enroll in graduate courses (5000-level) must obtain a memo from the appropriate department chair authorizing the enrollment and submit it to the PaGE Enrollment Services Office, University Student Union, Room 105.
Students who have been formally admitted to the university must be on inactive status for at least one semester before they may attend Open University. This requirement applies to disqualified, out-of-state, international and resident students.
Open University students must also comply with university and department regulations regarding prerequisites, withdrawals, grading and student conduct.