Here are some basic information and technical requirements for fully online courses. Your instructor will specify additional course specific requirements in their syllabus.
You can locate the textbook information and purchase through the Cal State LA Bookstore:
Computer, Technology, and Internet Requirements:
- You will need a computer with reliable high-speed internet access.
- Ensure that you have sufficient privileges on the computer you will use to install software.
- A current web browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.
- A program to view PDFs such as Adobe Reader.
- Microsoft Office or equivalent program for word processing and creating presentations.
- Flash, Quicktime, and Java for viewing multimedia.
- Additional web browser plugins for Adobe Connect. May be required for live online meetings.
- Computer speakers and microphone (built-in or separate).
- A separate or built-in webcam.
Proctored Final Exams:
NOTE: Check your course syllabus if your course has a proctored Final Exam.
Some courses will feature an online proctored exam, check your course syllabus for this information. Exam proctoring will be provided by the company ProctorU. While taking your proctored online exam, you will be monitored through your computer’s webcam. Please ensure that you have a webcam that meets the ProctorU requirements. For more information, please visit ProctorU Technical Requirements (http://www.proctoru.com/tech.php)