Your instructor may ask you to respond to questions in your class with an i>clicker remote or the iClicker Reef app. These tools (student response systems) allow your instructor to measure your understanding of the material they cover in class. If your instructor plans to award points for answering these questions, and they have told you these points will appear in the Moodle Gradebook, you must complete the steps below.
- Go to Moodle to access the course where you will use REEF.
- Click the iClicker Reef weblink in Moodle.
Note: You must click this link for your scores to sync to your instructor's gradebook in Moodle.
- If you're new, create a free Reef account. If you've used Reef before, sign in to your Reef account. You have now added this Moodle course to your Reef account.
- If you plan to use an iClicker remote in any of your classes, register the Clicker ID in the Profile section of the Reef menu.
- Download the mobile app (Optional with Subscription Fee).
- After launching the mobile app, sign in to your Reef account. You should then see the course you added through Moodle. You're ready to join when class is in session! In class, you can join from the web, mobile app, or with a clicker.
NOTE: If you are using the iClicker Reef app or website to participate in class or you would like to access your session history and a detailed listing points earned, you will need to purchase a REEF subscription.
Additional Help and Support
- REEF mobile or web app
- REEF account
- REEF subscription
Note: If you got an access code with your clicker, use it to get a 6 mo. REEF subscription. Codes can only be entered through your account on the web, not the mobile app.