Take a look at some of the characteristics that will help you succeed in a fully online course.
A successful online student...
- is self-motivated does not need a lot of direction or motivation from a teacher
- is self-disciplined budgets time wisely and does not procrastinate often
- enjoys the challenge of learning on her or his own and likes to read and learn
- is comfortable using a computer searches the Web, downloads e-mail attachments, saves files
- is ready for hardware or software problems has alternate plans such as using the Open Access Labs at school
- is comfortable using the course management system reviews the Moodle Helpful Guides
- takes charge of her/his own learning by asking questions and asking for help when necessary
- Is good at managing their time by setting a schedule of days and times to study the course materials
- communicates well in writing: writes in complete sentences carefully follows written course directions
- may need a flexible schedule but understands that flexibility does NOT mean the course will be easy
- is prepared before the course starts by purchasing books, software, and any other materials before the course begins