Other Campus Collections
Careers Diagnostic Resource
In addition to the collections in the Library, a rich
array of other information resources is available on campus. The collections
listed below are independently managed by individual CSLA departments
of Visual Resources - FA 332
- (323) 343-4018
- Hours by appointment
- Contains collection of over 200,000 mostly color slides of visual
images supporting the teaching requirements of the Art Department
faculty. Subjects covered include painting, sculpture, architecture,
drawing and graphics, photography, ceramics, textiles, manuscripts, mosaics, typography, design, jewelry, crafts, furniture and accessories, costume, etc., spanning all eras and artists in both western and non-western cultures. There are many separate special collections which include CSULA
Masters shows, street art, puppetry, erotic art, Chicano art, collage, masks,
perspective, elements of art, etc. Additional visual materials include almost
200 videotapes on art, large art prints, and an art collection.
- Career Resource Library - CC
- (323) 343-3237
- Mon - Thurs 8am to 6pm
Friday 8am to 4pm
- The Career Development Center has a collection of materials arranged by career categories (i.e., music, engineering, etc.) and general books on job hunting,
interviewing, resume preparation, etc. The video collection
includes films on career choices, interviewing techniques, etc. The collection also includes information from both governmental and private employers about working for their organizations. Materials are for room use only by currently registered students. Photocopy and video viewing facilities are available.
DIAGNOSTIC RESOURCE CENTER
- King Hall, Room C-1063
- (323) 343-4766
- The Diagnostic Resource Center (DRC) is operated by the Division of Special
Education and Counseling within the Charter School of Education. The DRC
serves as a student laboratory dedicated to providing students with
psychological assessment materials needed for lab experiences in advanced
coursework in the Charter School of Education and other academic units on
campus. Materials can be utilized on site, or can be checked out with proper
authorization. The DRC is opened Monday - Thursday. For
current hours call the DRC at 343-4766 or call the Division of Special
Education and Counseling at 343-4400.
- LITERACY (Education)
- Literacy Resource Lab - KH C 2092A
- (323) 343-4347
- Mon - Thursday 12:00pm - 6pm
- Provides a selection of children's literature, including class book sets of 25 copies each of selected titles and small group sets of 4-6. There are also
reading and language arts teacher's guides, student material, textbook adoptions, computer software, lesson plans,
puppet theatre materials, games, storytelling kits, etc.
- Map Library - KH D 4044
- (323) 343-2220
- Faculty contact: Prof. Killian Ying
Hours by appointment
- Has extensive collections of maps issued by U. S. government
agencies. Contains the U. S. Geological Survey topographic maps of
the 10 western states, with state indexes. Also has Defense
Mapping Agency (DMA) nautical and aeronautical charts. Has world maps in
various scales, as well as an
important historical urban plan collection of early maps of world
both plan and bird's eye views. Also has numerous roll maps.
Various printed indexes, as well as a card catalog employing a modified Library of Congress cataloging system, are used for access to the materials in the collections.
- Most materials are available for faculty and staff check-out. Irreplaceable maps and DMA restricted series may not be checked out. Students have restricted borrowing privileges for
limited classroom use.