Microsoft Outlook Tutorials
Microsoft Outlook is a great tool for communication, time and information management, and collaboration. It is used to create, organize and track several types of items such as e-mail messages, contacts, appointments and tasks. This page provides users with one central location for all Outlook and Outlook Web App (OWA) training resources.
During the summer 2013 quarter, ITS began upgrading the existing e-mail from Microsoft Exchange Outlook to Microsoft Office 365 Outlook. For more information about this project, please visit the Microsoft Office 365 Outlook E-mail Upgrade page. The Office.com Training and lynda.com websites provide extensive online training resources, many with video tutorials, which will help campus users make a smoother transition from the current e-mail system to the new one.
- Getting started in Outlook Web App for Office 365 (Office.com)
This page walks users through the basics of mail, calendar and contacts in Office 365 OWA.
- Make the switch to Outlook 2013 (Office.com)
This course gives users an overview of the changes in Outlook 2013.
- Training courses for Outlook 2013 (Office.com)
These courses cover the essential features of Outlook 2013.
- Outlook 2013 Essential Training course (lynda.com)
This course covers the essential features of Outlook 2013.
- Setting up E-mail
- Setting up E-mail on Mobile Devices
The ITS Training Program provides several step-by-step handouts on Outlook and Outlook Web App (OWA). These handouts have been created to serve as an introduction to the application and illustrate its core features and functions. For other handouts, please visit the Handouts page.
Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA) (PDF)
- Microsoft Office 365 Outlook Web App (OWA): Forwarding CSULA E-mail Messages (PDF)
Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2010: Introduction (PDF)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010: Intermediate (PDF)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010: Managing E-mail Disk Quotas (PDF)
Microsoft Outlook 2007
The ITS Training Program offers an in-person workshop on Outlook. To request a workshop, please fill out the workshop request form.
The ITS Training Program provides a downloadable workbook on Outlook. The workbook is divided into two parts and includes step-by-step tutorials that can be used to study at your own pace. The files are password protected and can be accessed by current Cal State L.A. students, faculty and staff with a myCSULA Identity account.