IT Trainer Assistant
Job ID: 7549
Position Type: Student Assistant
Pay Range: $8.50-$11.75/Hour
Job Status: Open
An IT Trainer Assistant is responsible for assisting IT Trainers and Senior IT Trainers with developing training materials and conducting in-person computer workshops that the ITS Training Program provides for the Cal State L.A. community.
An IT Trainer Assistant must be a team player with above average computer skills, good communication skills, and the ability to effectively work with a multicultural campus population. An IT Trainer Assistant must be prompt, responsible, reliable, detail-oriented, highly organized, and willing to learn new skills and concepts. A GPA of 2.75 and above is preferred. Due to the extensive training required for this position, candidates must have at least 18 months before graduation at the time of applying.
- Prepare training labs prior to and after workshop sessions.
- Assist workshop participants to stay on task with the workshop instruction.
- Assist with developing and modifying training materials such as step-by-step handouts, slide shows, and video tutorials.
- Attend cross-training sessions on assigned topics in preparation for advancement to an IT Trainer.
- Be willing to learn new technical concepts.
- Maintain a neat and orderly training lab and work environment.
- Maintain professionalism and courtesy at all times while working.
- Display and exhibit proper code of conduct.
- Report equipment malfunctions as directed by current procedure.
- Attend quarterly meetings with supervisors and other colleagues.
- Distribute advertising flyers to faculty members and academic departments.
- Participate in relevant University events to promote the services offered by the ITS Training Program and Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Periodic performance evaluations are conducted by the Lead Supervisor for Training and Digital Documentation.
Lead Supervisor for Training and Digital Documentation
ITS Training Program
Information Technology Services (ITS)