- Go to the MyTools website.
- If you are using MyTools for the first time, you must first install the Parallels Remote Application Server Client also known as Parallels Client. Click on “Download Client” on the window shown below.
- Click on “Download” when the next window appears. The next window will allow you to pick your operating system and download the client software.
- This window will appear asking you to run or save the file “ClientDownloader.exe”
- The window below will appear when you start the installation.
- Click Next to proceed and check the box to confirm that you agree to the “Parallels End-User License Agreement”
- Click Next to continue.
- At the next screen shown below, leave the default selection and select Next to continue.
- Select Finish to complete the installation as shown below.
- You may be asked to reboot your system for the configuration to be set properly.
- After the reboot, you can proceed to the MyTools website and log in using your MyCalStateLA ID account.
- If you are presented with the windows shown below, check “Remember my choice for tuxclient links” and click Open Link.
- Upon successful login, you are now able to launch all the available applications like the screen shown below.
- In this example, Word 2016 is being launched and it showed an error about restrictions when you try to save your document. Click OK to continue.
- You will see the window below showing “This PC”. Click on This PC icon and it will show your local hard drive(s) location where you can save your documents.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR WORK TO YOUR LOCAL DRIVE UNDER "This PC” THIS CAN BE YOUR LOCAL HARD DRIVE OR EXTERNAL DRIVE. DATA SAVED TO OTHER AREAS WILL BE LOST WHEN YOU LOG OUT.
- When you are ready to close MyTools, log off by clicking "your username” and "Logout”
IMPORTANT: DO NOT USE “CHANGE PASSWORD” ON THIS SCREEN TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT AT THE MyCalStateLA ID WEBSITE.