- From the App Store, search and install Parallels Client.
- Open the Parallels client located in Applications folder. Upon launching, following window pops up. Click Add.
- Click Parallels Remote Application Server.
- Type mytools.calstatela.edu for Server name box. Choose Gateway SSL Mode for Connection Mode. Type MyTools or your preferred name for Friendly name.
- Click Advanced settings and type your MyCalStateLA ID account username and password.
- Click Local Resources. Check Disk Drives and click Configure.
- Click + sign.
- Choose Documents and click Open. Click OK button to apply settings.
- Right-click on MyTools and select Connect.
- If the screen shows the following message -
Click Shortcuts and UNCHECK "Create shortcuts configured on server" and close the windows.
- You can now launch all the available applications like the screen shown below when you successfully connected.
- In this example, Word 2016 is being launched and it showed an error about restrictions when you try to save your document. Click OK to continue.
- You will see the window below showing “This PC”. Click on this icon and it will show your local hard drive(s) location where you can save your documents.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR WORK TO YOUR LOCAL DRIVE UNDER "This PC” THIS CAN BE YOUR LOCAL HARD DRIVE SET UP ON STEP 8. DATA SAVED TO OTHER AREAS WILL BE LOST WHEN YOU LOG OUT.
- When you are ready to close MyTools, log off by right-clicking on MyTools and clicking Log Off.
- After your initial setup, you can reconnect and use MyTools again by going to Step 9 and selecting Connect.