How to Create a Web Folder Connection in Windows Vista or 7
Faculty can connect to their Web Directory on Instructional1 by creating a Web Folder connection. Web folders allow you to modify the content on a server as if it were right on your own computer. Also available are instructions for Windows XP and Mac OS X.
If you are connecting for the first time with Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may need to configure your security policy. This is a one-time setup, if you've previously done this, you do not have to modify this policy again.
- Open the Windows Run option by pressing Windows key + R
- Type secpol.msc and press Enter to open your Local Security Settings.
- On the left pane, expand Local Policies and select Security Options.
- On the right pane, locate Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level.
- If the property value is "Not Defined", double-click it to change the property value.
- In the pop-up dialog box, select the value "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated".
- Press OK and close the Local Security Settings window.
Creating a Web Folder Connection
- From the Start menu, right-click Computer and select Map Network Drive.
- In the Map Network Drive window, click Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures, and then click Next.
- In the "Internet or network address" field, enter the full URL for your Web folder on Instructional1 (i.e. http://instructional1.calstatela.edu/jsmith), and then click Next.
- When prompted, enter your myCSULA Identity username and password. Add the prefix
AD\ to your username.
Note: Each time you access your Web folder, you will be asked to login. Check the "Remember my password" box if you want the computer to automatically log you in.
- Type in a name for the connection to your Web folder. You may leave the default name if you like.
- Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Finish button to close the wizard.
- Your computer will open a new Windows Explorer window with the contents of your Web directory.
- If you don't delete your connection, you can access it in the future from Computer.
If you experience any problems connecting to your Web Folder on Instructional1, please contact the Web Administrator.