Click below for assistance with and information about voice mail features.
- Access voice mail
- Record or change greeting
- Play messages
- Compose or send messages
- Mailbox commands
- Express messaging
- Distribution lists
- Dial 3-7800 from any on-campus phone
- Voicemail can also be accessed from off-campus by calling 323-343-7800
- When prompted for your mailbox #, enter your 5-digit extension (3-XXXX), followed by the pound (#) key **
- Enter your voicemail password, followed by the pound (#) key
** If you are trying to access voicemail for the extension from which you are dialing, you can simply press the pound (#) key without entering your 5-digit extension.
Record or Change Greeting 4
Delete a greeting 2
Review (back to the beginning) 2, 2
Listen to your greeting 5
Pause recording *
Re-record your greeting 6
End and accept your greeting #
Play Messages 5
Playback commands during the message
Next message 5
Go back 2
Go back to start/replay 2, 2
Go forward 4
Pause/resume playback *
Go to the end #
Respond commands during or after a message
Replay message 2, 2
Delete or erase message 3
Save message 7
Envelope (time stamp) 8
Forward message 1, 3
Call sender 1, 4
Reply or reply to all 1, 7
Previous message 1, 5
First new message 1, 9, 1
First saved message 1, 9, 2
Compose and Send Messages 6
Record Record your message
Play/review 2, 2
Erase before accepting recording 3
Accept recording #
Acknowledge (confirm) 1 (after addressing is complete)
End Recording *
Private 4 (after addressing is complete)
Urgent 6 (after addressing is complete)
Personal Verification (record name) 1, 6, 8
Password Change 1, 6, 2
Custom Operator (Personal Assistant) 1, 6, 5
Exit/disconnect 9, 9
Return to main menu #
Express messaging allows users to leave a message for someone without having to call the recipient by following these steps.
- Dial 3-7800
- Press * *
- Enter the recipient's extension number, then press #
- Record your message
- Hang up
Distribution lists allows users to send messages to a number of recipients simultaneously without requiring all recipients to be entered individually. Distribution lists can be numbered 1 to 99. A maximum of 200 addresses can be added to a single distribution list.
To access the Distribution List Feature
- Dial 3-7803. Enter your mailbox number followed by #. Enter your password followed by #.
- Press 8 - Mailbox commands
- Press 5 - Call Pilot tools
- Press 5 - Distribution list
To build a new list
- Enter list number followed by #
- To build the list, press 5
- Enter list of addresses/mailboxes, separated by #
- Press # again to end the list
Note 1: If you enter the wrong mailbox number, press 0, # to delete it.
Note 2: If you want to search by last name, press *, 77.
Commands for an existing distribution list
- Review - Press 2
- Delete - Press 76
- Add a new address/mailbox - press 5
- Find an address/mailbox - Press 6. Then press 76 if you want to delete that mailbox.
Compose a message
- Press 4 to return to mailbox commands or log into your mailbox the usual way.
- Press 75 to compose the message.
- Enter the distribution list number, followed by #. If entering multiple lists, enter # again after the last list.
- Press 5 to record the message.
- After recording the message, press 79 to send it.