Information Technology Services is pleased to announce that Faculty and staff can purchase one Windows 10 Education license and one Office 2016 license from the WebStore, hosted by Kivuto Solutions Inc.
FAQs for the Work-at-home Purchase
Who can purchase the software?
Current faculty, staff and auxiliary employees.
How can do I purchase my work-at-home Windows 10 OS and Office 2016 software?
You can access the Microsoft software download site through the myCSULA Portal:
- Using the computer you plan upgrade, log on to the myCSULA Portal at https://my.calstatela.edu.
- Click on the Microsoft icon located in the upper left corner. You will be redirected to the Webstore hosted by Kivuto Solutions, Inc.
- Select the Microsoft OS or Office you want to purchase and follow the instructions on the screen. You will be required to agree and accept the Microsoft Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) to proceed with the download.
What is the cost of the license for each software?
The license cost is $9.95 per software. You also have the option to purchase media.
Can I install the Windows 10 operating system and Office 2016 on multiple computers?
No. You are limited to one installation of Windows 10 OS and one installation of Office 2016 on a PC or Mac desktop, laptop or tablet.
However, you have to option to download Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus software for FREE at http://www.calstatela.edu/its/services/software/o365ProPlus.
How long can I use the Windows 10 OS and Office 2016?
The license is perpetual and permanent but you will be required to remove the software when your employment at California State University ends.
Are there any prerequisites to downloading Windows 10 OS?
- It can be installed as a clean install or an upgrade from either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1.
- An internet connection is required to download the software and to obtain licenses.
Are there any system requirements I need to consider?
The detailed requirements for your specific system are available at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
How do I get Micorsoft software support?
Kivuto Support, 1-888-396-1447, provides live technical support from 3 a.m. to 3 p.m. PST. Also available is http://kivuto.com/contact-us/support/ and 24-houre email support at email@example.com.
Is training available for the Microsoft applications?
Online training is available 24/7 through Lynda.com: http://web.calstatela.edu/its/training/lynda.php. These videos cover many Microsoft applciations including Windows 10 OS and Office 2016, provide various learning levels, and can be paused and replayed as needed.