myCSULA Tools Setup Instructions for a PC
- Go to the myCSULA Tools web page at https://mycsulatools.calstatela.edu
- Log in using your myCSULA Identity account.
- If you are using myCSULA Tools for the first time, you must first install the Citrix Receiver. Check the
box to confirm that you agree to the "Citrix license agreement," and then select "Install."
- One of the next two windows will appear asking you to save the file "CitrixReceiver32.exe."
- Click on "Save File" or "Save" as appropriate, and then "Run" the saved item
from your download dialog box.
- You will see the "Installing" window.
- When the installation is complete, click "OK."
- When the screen below appears, click "I will enter URL later."
- Return to the browser and choose "Skip to Log on" or, if timed out, return to https://mycsulatools.calstatela.edu and log in again.
- You are now able to launch all the available applications.
- In this example, Word 2010 is being launched.
- When launching any application, you will see this security warning screen. Select "Permit use."
- If prompted, select "Allow" for the program to run.
- When saving your work to a local drive or external drive, you will be prompted with this security warning.
Select "Permit all access."
- When saving your work, choose "Computer" and then select the location to save.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR WORK TO YOUR LOCAL DRIVE UNDER "COMPUTER." THIS CAN
BE YOUR LOCAL HARD DRIVE OR EXTERNAL DRIVE. DATA SAVED TO OTHER AREAS WILL BE LOST WHEN YOU LOG OFF.
- When you are ready to close myCSULA Tools, log off by selecting "Disconnect."